what's with all the Dwemer parts?

• Level  

So I've been stock piling all of these Dwemer parts. Gyros, gears scrap etc. Is there a use for them at some point in the game or should I just be selling all of it? I have sooooo much stuff.

• Level  

Sell some, but a lot of them you melt down to dwarven ingots

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

• Level   9

I was hoping to build some kind of MechWarrior :)

• Level   5

The cogs are part of one of the mage college quests, need 10, sell the rest.

The struts, plates, solid metal etc, use a smelter to melt them down into ingots for smithing heavy armor.  Do so even if you don't wear it.  The armor sells for WAY more than the scrap or ingots and is a good way to level your smithing and speechcraft using mostly free ingredients.

The rest of the dwemer stuff is trash loot.  Hock it.  But visit the smelter first until you get familiar with what will melt down and what will not.  All the cups, plates, bowls, gyros etc are all trash, sell (unless you wanna decorate your home with it I mean).

"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them"-Me

• Level   4

I kind of wanted to decorate a home with dwarven utensils :P

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Level   3

I just leave the Dwemer parts alone.  I use light armor, and have a full set of glass, so I have no interest in forging dwarven stuff.  

However, I have cleared several Dwemer ruins, and found a "machine" at the end of the ruins, giving me an option to "activate the ancient Dwemer machine" or something.  When I try to activate it, I discover that I don't have the right Dwemer machine part.  Hmmm.  I have no idea what the machine is for, or what it does when activated.  Does anyone else know what these machines do when activated?

• Level   3

It's a Doomsday Device it unleashes the Dwemer Daedric Lord Justin Bieber on Skyrim

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.- Ayn Rand

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

• Level   5

Skyrim can have him.....

• Level   5

I just leave the Dwemer parts alone.  I use light armor, and have a full set of glass, so I have no interest in forging dwarven stuff.

I am a light armor toon as well.  But you are missing a hell of an opportunity to earn a great deal of cash manufacturing, improving and then selling dwarven armor and weapons using the ingots that result from smelting down the dwemer loot.  I think its available for one skill point in your smith tree.  One run through a single ruin and I ended up with 350+ ingots.  That netted me 20k or so cash.  Thats a hell of a cashflow to simply leave laying in a dungeon.  But, it is your toon, I just point out the opportunity.

Not only will it level your smithing, it will also provide serious income with only a minor expenditure of time.  Also consider your companions, you can suit them up in heavy armor for nearly free, assuming they use it.  And if you also chant up the armor/weapons it will level your chanting and increase the sale price.  I used the dwarven armor to level my smithing up to 100 for the cost of very few additional supplies (dwarven bows mainly), I then chanted them and sold them for cash.

"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them"-Me