Investing in a store - How do you do it?

• Level   5

How do you invest in a store?  I have 90,000+ gold pieces burning a hole in my character's pocket.  I would keep it at home, but it doesn't way anything and I'm the baddest Imperial girl in Skyrim.  Then there is all the weapons and apparel I haven't even sold yet sitting in my house in Whiterun.  I also have 3 other houses and am a Thane of 4 towns: Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm, Markarth.  If you look at the game stats it tells you have many stores you have invested in so obviously you can invest in more than one.  I just don't know how to do it.

• Level   3

I believe you have to build up your speech.  Look at the stars and see where you need to invest to get this option.

• Level   5

Build up your speech.  There is a perk in the left hand side of the speechcraft tree that allows you to invest 500g in most stores.  See my thread about a specific store that allows multiple investments.

"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them"-Me

• Level   5

You need to purchase a sneak perk, i think it is around level 50 or 60 sneak.

• Level   5

Unless you want to waste perks in the Speech skill, you're SOL. I have over 150,000 Gold (I'm a huge looter and sell everything). Since I'm such a high level, all of the loot I get is incredibly valuable. The last time I was able to unload everything I had to travel to 4 separate towns.

-

This has been a terrible problem in all of Bethesda's games going back to Oblivion... They never have a huge central hub/town that has tons and tons of Gold and the most incredible, super expensive, unobtainable weapons.

-

Your best bet is to just start stockpiling all of the super valuable goods and when you start to run low on money take it out and sell it.

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   5

MattKohl101
    This has been a terrible problem in all of Bethesda's games going back to Oblivion... They never have a huge central hub/town that has tons and tons of Gold and the most incredible, super expensive, unobtainable weapons.

I wouldn't say "all of the Bethesda Games" but more of just the Elder Scrolls Games in specific.

Fallout Games can have a huge impact on Speech making it a very potential Stat. In Fallout Games you can "win" a lot of "battles" with your Speech alone and get some really cool things out of it in the process. ES Games it has always seemed kinda a waste and not really needed for anything other then some different Dialogues.

Maybe just me but I think it is pointless in ES Games and incredible in FO Games.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

Get investor perk in Speech skill. TBH is useless...you don't money for that...just raise  a lil the money the vendor always have when you are going to trade .

• Level   5

the only good vendor that worth the money you invested is the trader in riverwood that end having 11000 when you are going to trade.

• Level   7

I just buy stuff that I need for crafting. Ore, ingots, jewels, ingredients, soul gems.... Then when they have a lot of money I sell everything. I normally clean them out and get some valuable things so I can make more things to sell other places.

And Speech isn't completely useless. My second character's whole purpose is to make money by crafting. I spend all my time smiting, mining, smelting, brewing, enchanting and selling. The only combat skill I have is Archery. And that only levels up because I hunt for animals to get leather. It's very entertaining to play a passivist. I do plan on 'making the pilgrimage' when I have a house and wife and awesome armor/weapons.

• Level   7

I didn't mean speech skill is useless i meant investor perk.

• Level   5

Thanks for the helpful information.  I want to invest because I can not because I need to.  I already have plenty of money.

• Level   5

LostKauz

MattKohl101

I wouldn't say "all of the Bethesda Games" but more of just the Elder Scrolls Games in specific.

Fallout Games can have a huge impact on Speech making it a very potential Stat. In Fallout Games you can "win" a lot of "battles" with your Speech alone and get some really cool things out of it in the process. ES Games it has always seemed kinda a waste and not really needed for anything other then some different Dialogues.

Maybe just me but I think it is pointless in ES Games and incredible in FO Games.

I'm not sure where exactly the confusion started...  Because you quoted what I meant... But I was only talking about the fact that in none of Bethesda's games do they have a good way to sell loot. In the beginning it works great, but later on when you start getting the good stuff you either just store it or spend 20-30 minutes just trying to sell all of the loot. 

-

I think the Speech skill is cool!

Class 3, Bioshock: Infinite.  Best games I've seen in a long time.

• Level   5

@ Bad Instincts - The Riverwood trader has 11k to barter with? Really? I've Never seen that. Would be great if he does as the one thing I find rather daft is that you can make things worth thousands but there is no vendor (that I've found) in Skyrim that has the gold to take it off you.