Disenchanting

• Level   4

Hello, I had some armor that gave me 20% extra dmg with bows, when I disenchanted that i only made me learn the possibility to enchant for 13%. Would the % have been higher if I had higher enchanting skill? I know that if I use perks to make the enchantements 20-100% stronger they will increase, but my question is if the disenchanting would be higher if my skill was higher from the begining. Thanks

• Level   8

it will go up as you level up and upgrade that perk. Like when I first got the bow enchantment, it was around 10% better, now with the perk maxed out and level 100 enchanting, its around 40% better.

Follow me on Twitter! @Nic_vs_Internet, you will not regret it.

deep in the heart of texas.

• Level   5

also you can create/buy potions to boost the strength of enchants you put on armour for 60 seconds, so for 60 seconds you make 20% or whatever better enchants. so stack the perks with the potions. enchant a hat/glove/ring/necklace with like 20% stronger alchemy potions created, create some really strong enchant potions.

• Level   M

ALBERT100
    my question is if the disenchanting would be higher if my skill was higher from the begining. Thanks

No, the disenchanting isn't really what is setting the limit of a new enchanted item. It's your Enchanting skill at the time you enchant the item. The disenchanting merely gives you access to the enchantment on the destroyed item. Once you have that, you just have to work on your Enchanting skill to be able to create stronger and stronger items.

Xbox.com Forum Moderator - This post provided as-is, with no warranty and confers no rights.

• Level   4

So even if my skill of enchantement was 100, if I disenchanted a armor with 20% extra dmg with bows, it would give me the same base enchantement (13%) (if I have no perks)?

• Level   9

Perks and bigger gems help alot.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   2

dont worry about what the base says- disenchanting a stronger item wont change it, levelling up enchantment and a potion of fortify enchantment will increase it, along with a grand soul for enchantments with variables

• Level   2

ALBERT100

So even if my skill of enchantement was 100, if I disenchanted a armor with 20% extra dmg with bows, it would give me the same base enchantement (13%) (if I have no perks)?

No.   Once you level up your enchantment skill you will actually produce much higher results than 13%.   My enchantment is now level 80 and allowed me to apply the perk to allow 100% improved enchantment.    I can produce much better results.  So a bow item that only originally allowed 13% will now easiy give me over 40% better bow damage.  As you level up your enchantment skills and add perks to "enchantments" the results are much higher.  Plus make sure you use a GRAND soul gem filled with GRAND soul to get the best results.     Also keep in mind you can apply the enchantment knowledge to multiple items. I have a BOW ring and a BOW necklace that I put on whenever I am using my bow.  It will easily bring a bow from about 35 damage to over 80 damage.  Even higher if you enchant more bow items.

• Level   6

CAMAROBOY69

ALBERT100

No.   Once you level up your enchantment skill you will actually produce much higher results than 13%.   My enchantment is now level 80 and allowed me to apply the perk to allow 100% improved enchantment.    I can produce much better results.  So a bow item that only originally allowed 13% will now easiy give me over 40% better bow damage.  As you level up your enchantment skills and add perks to "enchantments" the results are much higher.  Plus make sure you use a GRAND soul gem filled with GRAND soul to get the best results.     Also keep in mind you can apply the enchantment knowledge to multiple items. I have a BOW ring and a BOW necklace that I put on whenever I am using my bow.  It will easily bring a bow from about 35 damage to over 80 damage.  Even higher if you enchant more bow items.

I'm really glad you explained that as I didn't know that the items I enchanted would stack. Thanks for that.

• Level   6

CAMAROBOY69

ALBERT100

I'm really glad you explained that as I didn't know that the items I enchanted would stack. Thanks for that.

• Level   5

WMitchell2

dont worry about what the base says- disenchanting a stronger item wont change it, levelling up enchantment and a potion of fortify enchantment will increase it, along with a grand soul for enchantments with variables

What would be considered a grand soul? I mean how do the souls rate?

Going to be a daddy 2-17-13

• Level   5

tai0316

CAMAROBOY69

ALBERT100

NP.  Yes you can stack multiple items. In fact I have a RING and NECKLACE for just about every occasion.   Bow strength, magica, smithing, money discount, fire resistance, weight reduction, frost reduction, increase shield strength, and much more.   At the click of a button I just change my ring and necklace for the event.  :)   You can also add the enchantments to light clothes too.  I have boots, gloves, a necklace, and a ring that I put on that all add over 120 extra carrying weight to myself and I have an entire set for my follower.   Works great for carrying loot out of caves once all the enemies are dead.   Enchanting is probably one of the most important skills to learn in Skyrim in my opinion.  

• Level   6

CAMAROBOY69

tai0316

CAMAROBOY69

ALBERT100

NP.  Yes you can stack multiple items. In fact I have a RING and NECKLACE for just about every occasion.   Bow strength, magica, smithing, money discount, fire resistance, weight reduction, frost reduction, increase shield strength, and much more.   At the click of a button I just change my ring and necklace for the event.  :)   You can also add the enchantments to light clothes too.  I have boots, gloves, a necklace, and a ring that I put on that all add over 120 extra carrying weight to myself and I have an entire set for my follower.   Works great for carrying loot out of caves once all the enemies are dead.   Enchanting is probably one of the most important skills to learn in Skyrim in my opinion.  

Wow! What a good idea!

I really like the idea of having sets for different scenarios, especially for carrying loot lol

I'm assuming that means that you didn't download the patch which would have messed all of your enchantments up?

• Level   6

Yes having different rings and necklaces really help a LOT especially since they are so light.  The carrying loot setup is really nice.  When I equip my "weight carrying" setup on my follower and myself, we can carry 1,000 worth of weight.  lol    Perfect for looting and transfering items from one house to another.  

Yes I downloaded the 1.2 patch and yes it seems to have effected the "resistance" items for sure. But thats ok I just change change my fighting style to adapt to the situation. If "resistance" items dont work then I just use something else.  Not too big of a deal.  

• Level   4

@Camaro- I do the exact same thing with rings and necklaces. Different needs, different rings. Water breathing ring is a good one too.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't