This question has suggested answer(s)

How can I get another housecarl in Skyrim for Xbox?

• Level   2

How can I get another housecarl in Skyrim for Xbox?
I was in a cavern getting the horn for the greybeards when Lydia got stuck on a trap with the fire coming out of the floor, she died, and I have not been able to find out where I can get another one. Where and how do I get another housecarl or someone who will follow me on all my quests and help me fight just like Lydia did?

She died a while ago, So I don't want to go back and load the save. She died in the caverns when I was getting the horn for the greybeards and I have done many quests since then. I was hoping to find another way other than re-loading my game and losing so much progress.  

All Replies
    • Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

This isn't the right area for this, but I will help you out anyways.

-

You can't get another Housecarl anytime you became a Thane of a Region. Inorder to become a Thane, each Jarl will have specific tasks for you to complete in order to became a Thane of their court.

-

This website will help you out with all your Skyrim needs and questions.

-

www.uesp.net/.../Skyrim:Skyrim

-

In the future try and post this in the right forums.

-

Thanks

USSpectre1

• Level   4

Once your housecarl dies, they are dead. you have to become thane of another hold and buy a house in order to obtain another housecarl. but they will ONLY be a guard to the house in the hold you obtained them. Lydia is dead for good, thats why i give them heavy armor. you cannot get another one in the same hold.

What Would Talos Do?

• Level   5

Wait a sec....what would be the right forums for a question about skyrim on the xbox???

• Level   9

His thread was moved here.

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@

• Level   5

Ahhhh (Y)

• Level   4

There are loads of people who will follow you throughout the game. To get another follower in Whiterun, go to the pub, and brawl  the woman sat at the back, once you beat her she will become a follower.

• Level   4

Just like in real life.

• Level   9

I've never tried that in real life.  Maybe I should?

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@

• Level   3

be glad lydia is dead. she talked too damn much. that lioness one too .    i forgot which mage travels with me now, but he rarely talks, and when he does all he says is " would you look at that " .

• Level   8

"I am sworn to carry your burdens." B**ch made me kill her myself after hearing that so many times.

• Level   3

hahah yeah i killed her too after hearing that so many times. used the ebony blade and powered it up.

Don't let the name fool you...

• Level   4

You can also get a housecarl when/if you obtain the house in RIften and Markharth.  You can also go here to find out more about all the housecarls in Skyrim: elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../index.php

• Level   7

The house carl is not necessarily the best companion. The Pubs have mercs, that you pay for, or you can do a good deed for some others and they offer their services for free. If you give stuff to a hired helper, they will give it back when you turn them loose. The other folks that offer their help keep everything you give them. You actually have to take back what you want. Faendal was one of my best and the most useful but he finally did get blown up. I had to go back and get all his stuff and now I can use his house.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!