Loading times on high level characters are brutal

• Level   9

Is anyone else finding that loading and saving games with a high level (70+) character takes forever?  I had to turn off the autosave on everything, because it was taking way too long.  But even still, it's a pretty crazy wait.  I like the idea of having all kinds of weapons and armor to use for the DLC, but I'm tempted to just finish Dawnguard and Dragonborn on newer characters.

If you have trouble making line-breaks on forum posts, do the following:  Make sure you go to the "rich formatting" screen (do not use the small, quick-reply window below each forum post).  Now, hold down the shift key while pressing Enter at the end of a paragraph.  Do this twice and you will have a double space between paragraphs.  You're welcome.

• Level   9

The DLCs definitely increase the loading times, especially in the relevant areas.

Higher characters do also take more time to load, just as more developed Gamerprofiles take a longer time to sign in and recover but I believe that can be fixed by clearing the cache. Others may also tell you to clear the game cache.

It may help : ) I don't think I'd turn off autosaves, but that's up to you.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   8

The sure way to want a redo is to turn off autosaves unless you are anal about saving.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   7

Also seems the DLCs add to the save file size!

I also have all the DLCs and my saves are now 15mb each!

The game box states that saves are 8mb each ... so all of the DLCs effectively double the save size?

But even with this discrepancy, and my character is level 170+ (thanks to the use of Legendary Skills), it takes about 45 seconds to a minute to load a save.

However, when I first start the game from the menu, the game load time can drag on to a few minutes!

And I save a LOT!  Now I am up to Save 5967 (or some ridiculous number like that) ??? 

• Level   8

I thought I saved a lot but not like you, Sargon. I have, of course, deleted a lot of saves and lately I tend to save on top of old saves unless I'm going someplace scary. I have longish loads but nothing that makes me want to take a nap or a potty break. Lol

• Level   9

I saw something on a random forum post where a guy claimed putting all your keys in a chest at home helps, but this sounded a bit loopy to me.  Wasn't even sure you could remove keys.   I tend to save and overwrite saves a lot, so I wasn't worried about dying, but without my autosaves on, I'm at the mercy of a random game freeze.  I'll try a few of these these things and see if it helps much.  45 seconds to a minute every time you go through a door is too much for me to take.  If I can't fix it, I'll just use that character to get the Legendary Dragon cheevo and then muck around with some fresh builds.  Maybe try the Assassin on Legendary (yikes).

If you have trouble making line-breaks on forum posts, do the following:  Make sure you go to the "rich formatting" screen (do not use the small, quick-reply window below each forum post).  Now, hold down the shift key while pressing Enter at the end of a paragraph.  Do this twice and you will have a double space between paragraphs.  You're welcome.

• Level   7

The bad thing about playing Legendary now is ... Legendary Dragons for random encounters!  ':co

Also had one attack my Lakeview Manor and my two daughters just wandered around while I fought it at my front door!

(Wish I could mount the skull at least on my door frame!!!  This was the third one this week at home!  And yet, only one giant attack?)

• Level   8

Do your giants actually attack? I've been wondering about that. I get giants around but they just walk around and are easy to avoid. It's not like they come running as soon as I appear. I think I'm glad not to have Legendary dragons around. Ancient dragons that want to eat me are bad enough.

• Level   7

From the time I've had Lakeview Manor, there has been (according to number of attacks):

1. Bandits
    2. Dragons (lately Ancient & Reverent)
    3. Giants

Think I've only had two giant attacks.  According to this link (under the Trivia section for each homestead), there is a chance for Bandit & Giant/Troll attacks.

Guess I'm just lucky that I get Dragons on my doorstep?  ';cP

• Level   7

SargonParidius

From the time I've had Lakeview Manor, there has been (according to number of attacks):

1. Bandits
    2. Dragons (lately Ancient & Reverent)
    3. Giants

Think I've only had two giant attacks.  According to this link (under the Trivia section for each homestead), there is a chance for Bandit & Giant/Troll attacks.

Guess I'm just lucky that I get Dragons on my doorstep?  ';cP

I'm thinking Bandits includes everything that could be considered human. I've had Assasins attack out front of Lakeview along with thugs that came to teach me a lesson. The Giants just seem to terrorize the livestock. The Wolves that live down by the rock overhang come up every once in awhile and kill all the chickens and the cow. I've also had Dragons of three different flavors. The plain "Dragon" along with Ancients and Elders. I did go to the nearby Dragon Mount (Fast Traveled) and killed the one there. It doesn't give up a soul anymore but I think it keeps the frequency down a bit. I've seen the "Reverents" but can't say for sure at Lakeview.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

"The bad thing about playing Legendary now is ... Legendary Dragons for random encounters!".

The type of Dragon is based on your level, not your difficulty. Anyway, what's wrong with that? Daedric items all over the show :D

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   9

Yes Back Lot.

Limit your keys.... Clear game cache frequently (LB, RB, and X on start up)... Never drop stuff on the ground, stash it in a chest or body to dispose of.

There were a couple other things, but I can't remember.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   8

But when you store your keys be sure you won't need them again. I did Ansilvunde and somehow missed the unusual gem. Since I was trying to get them all for that quest (and if you like getting gems I recommend it), anyway, I went back but I had dropped all the keys except to my houses. You can't get out through the short cut without the key. I had to trek all the way back to the front door.

• Level   9

Drop extra keys in a body or container.

Put the rest in a safe spot in your home.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.