LOADING SCREEN OF DEATH

• Level   2

Anyone have the same issue? Whenever I try to load my game it literally takes forever. I've been waiting 11 minutes now and still nothing. I do not want to start all over again, I arlready made too much progress and invested too much time.  Anyone know if 1.3 patch will fix this issue?

• Level   7

The exact same thing used to happen to me on Fallout New Vegas. There is a fix for that and maybe.. just maybe it will work for Skyrim. What you had to do on NV was boot up the game and select to start a new game. Once the game started, in the opening cinematic you press the start button and then select load game. Load the save game that sticks from there and for some reason it worked. I don't know how or why, but this worked for me 100% of the time. Try this with Skyrim, select New Game and while you're watching the opening cinematic in the Wagon with the Storm Cloaks, hit the start button and try and load your save from inside the new game. If it happens to work, let us know because it might help someone else later on. Again, it's a shot in the dark but hopefully it will work like it did on New Vegas. Good luck man!

• Level   8

I've had my game freeze in the loading screen a few times forcing me to turn my console off and it won't even let me do that at times either.

Fidelis ad urnam

• Level   8

Same here, probably a common glitch, Mine is installed to HDD

• Level   5

Happened to me when i traveled to winhelm. Whenever i left the city it would take forever to load. It fixed itself on its own.

-Major

• Level   3

When playing Oblivion, whenever things were loading slowly it was suggested to HOLD DOWN THE "A" BUTTON while Oblivion was loading.  This would clear the hard drive allowing Oblivion to load faster especially in game.  This worked for me repeatedly AND you would not lose any game saves.  What was happening was the data in the cache was becoming fragmented which resulted in slower data access and by doing this it allowed for faster load times by copying and reusing some data to the hard drive.  

-

I haven't tried this as I don't have these problems but perhaps this same trick may work.

• Level   3

If you have a lot of saves I would suggest deleting some of them

Xbox One Day One

So excited MS bought the Gears of War franchise and gave it back to Rod.

• Level   3

Agreed.  I had over 800 when I read you could delete them; I wasn't even aware you could.  That has saved a ton of time.

• Level   3

Try hitting the guide button on the controller and see if that helps. 90% of the time if you hit the guide button when you have to wait for 24 hours, it speeds the time up by like 70% You hear it clicking really really fast.

• Level   2

Thanks for the responses. I'll try everything suggested, even though some of the advice seems far-fetched, whatever I'M DESPERATE! I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I deleted all my saves and installed to the HD, but to no avail.

• Level   2

WTF, loading the game from within another saved game actually worked.

• Level   7

mistavega1

WTF, loading the game from within another saved game actually worked.

Awesome, glad it worked. I don't know why it works, it just does.. same thing happens on Fallout New Vegas.

• Level   6

got to dashboard, system settings, memory, go over to your hard drive hit y or whatever it is for the storage units options and clear your cache. That might work, that happened to me all the time on fallout new vegas when the game froze on the loading screen.

The System Has Failed

• Level   1

my game only freezes for a long time when i try to serve time in jail. i have restarted the game many times and deleted all the saves, and i even did the load within the new game trick. nothing seems to work.

• Level   1

yeah, good idea, I have about 100+ saves on my Skyrim :l