Elder Scrolls Online?

• Level   8

Is this out yet or still in development?

• Level   5

Not out yet Chemist. I believe they are talking a spring time release for the next gens and PC. I have not seen a date etched in stone yet... perhaps one of the other players here has?

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   8

Amazon is still listing Dec 31 but somewhere this week I read March 31. I can't find where though. The spring release has been consistent since the announcement of it being on the new gen consoles. It only makes sense that the game should be released everywhere all at once. Seriously looking forward to it and will have trouble waiting to see some actual play reviews before I decide which version to get. I still wish I could buy it once and play it on my mac using a game controller but to do that, even if the apple controllers are released, would still require that I buy new equipment. What to do, what to do?

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   8

I just read this on the wiki page for ESO

"Players will be segregated by their console of choice to help ensure an even playing field in PvP. While Mac and PC gamers will be able to play together, gamers who chose to purchase the game for the PS4 or the Xbox One will only be able to play with people using the same platform."

I read that to mean that even if we are on the same server we can only join friends who are on the same platform. Is that usual in MMOs? Or is a cross-platform deal like this something new? That's one more thing I have to add to the list of considerations. bother

• Level   7

This is usual for PS console and X-box consoles to be segregated. I doubt we'll ever see them compatible mostly for commercial reasons. Server side will do all the separating and we'll never have to worry about that. Look at the YouTube plays at ESO or Shoddy Cast and you'll see some pretty good heads up stuff.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   8

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. Hard to keep up with all the games coming out these days but Elder Scrolls Online is one to watch out for. I will more than likely play it on the next gen X-Box personally if it's going to be released on that platform.

• Level   5

Nextbox for me. So go easy on me Mr. Vee! LOL

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   5

I got to play this on the XBox One at GameStop Con, it's nice!  I only played a few minutes...

• Level   7

Geddyme

Nextbox for me. So go easy on me Mr. Vee! LOL

lol! I'm not knocking anyone that gets one. I'm flat broke right now so I'm going to have to wait till TitanFall drops next March before I can even think about it. I do hope that Destiny will play okay on what I got. The only 2 games that seem to warrant the Nextbox for me anyway.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

That'll be me too Angelus, maybe we can get a discount if we by two together???? ;)

-unknown

• Level   8

Well, ESO won't be out until spring so there is a bit more time to think about it. Maybe a tax refund can finance a shiny new console?

• Level   5

I hear you Lady B, I have a change jar, that usually gets about $ 200-250 annually. That should help with part of it. Tax return will finance the rest. Not in a rush, I'm only interested in a nextgen for ESO at the moment. ESO is another reason to love Spring time. Bring on winter and lets get it over with already.

-unknown

• Level   8

Yup I only really want an XBone for Halo 5 and ESO so plenty of time for them to iron out the bugs and that before I get one.

• Level   9

Agreed.

I had preordered an XB1, but had to cancel.

ESO doesn't come to consoles right away anyway.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   8

I think that's why the release date, which was supposed to be the end of this year ,was pushed to Spring; so that it could be released on all platforms at once. Obviously they can't do extensive beta until the new consoles are in people's homes. Maybe that's a good reason to be an early adopter of the new box; you might have a good shot at a beta spot.