Vampire question

• Level   8

So im doing the a quest where i have to kill this vampire Hern. I got infected but cured it with my potion. Im wondering though is it cool to be a vampire? Are there any big downsides?

• Level   5

Oh man i just wrote 4 paragraphs about being a vampire and it did not even show up. So i guess just use this link www.uesp.net/.../Skyrim:Vampirism    Something that it does not mention is that The kajhite caravans will still sell to you even though you are a vampire they do not attack on site. They treat you like a regular customer so if you are a stage 4 vampire always sell and buy stuff from them because they don't attack you. ( sorry don't know how spell there name right) Know this from personal experience im always a stage 4 vampire.

• Level   6

Being a vampire myself, I really enjoy it, other probably not so much. It puts a fun twist on the game, and you get some nice benefits :) There's one thing that might upset you if you decide to get infected, and then cure it. When your a vampire, you get large bags under your eyes, this is permanent, even after you have been cured. I play in 1st person, and when im in 3rd person I never see my characters face anyway so...

• Level   8

So the sun wont damage me?

• Level   5

Nope just that health, stamina, or magic does not regenerate while in sunlight. so if you travel during the day make sure to have a lot of potions.

• Level   8

Oh okay.

• Level   2

M3gaToxic

So im doing the a quest where i have to kill this vampire Hern. I got infected but cured it with my potion. Im wondering though is it cool to be a vampire? Are there any big downsides?

the downsides, as well as the ups I suppose, really depend on the stage of vampirism you are at.

-

For all stages the up sides are

Resistance to diseases, resistance to poison, and a 25% boost to sneak and illusion skills.

On the down side you will have a weakness to sunlight, this means your stamina, magika, and health will not regenerate while the sun is out.

-

Stage One Vampirism gives you a weakness to fire, and a resist frost. Along with a reanimate dead, health drain, a detect life powers.

Stage Two gives an increase of 25% to all stage one effects in addition to vampiric charm power.

Stage Three again sees a 25% increase to the effects of stage 2, now landing all affects at 75% with the exception of the 100% resist poison/disease. Stage Three adds no new powers but instead beefs up the life drain and reanimate dead powers.

Stage Four all effects are at 100%. The spells are again beefed up and you are given the Embrace of Shadows power, allowing you to see in he night and turn invisible for a time.

-

Whether or not this is worth it is all up to you, imo its worth trying at least once though reversing it is sure to be a pain in the @@@ as it has been in all other elder scrolls games though I have not done it in Skyrim myself. The weakness to sunlight thing gets annoying if you find yourself without pots to make up for the lack of regen but other than that the only downfall to being a vamp is that townspeople will recognize you for what you are an essentially attack you on sight. This becomes a problem for bartering and really restricts you as a character to the underbelly of Skyrim, though for me this is the prefered choice anyhow so not a huge loss.

Fall 2012 Tarmon Gai'don begins.

• Level   8

O/T... kind of, but:  I've found that being  a werewolf isn't as fun as I thought it would be.  I'm incredibly weaker in beast form and have no need to switch to beast form, since I never reach my carry limit anymore and can one hit kill most humanoid enemies.  

The only nice thing is being 100% resistant to diseases.  

Bleh.  I'm disappointed with the werewolf ability in Skyrim.  

• Level   9

I'm OKAY with being a werewolf.....sometimes just for the heck of it I like running around as one.  Being resistant to diseases is great because I was getting infected all the time.  

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@

• Level   7

I was having fun being a werewolf for the first week of the game, then I never used the beast form again. It becomes useless really. I'd rather not be a vampire either. I'd rather be Dragonborn.

Groovy.

• Level   3

BizarroMantis

I'm OKAY with being a werewolf.....sometimes just for the heck of it I like running around as one.  Being resistant to diseases is great because I was getting infected all the time.  

As it is, the disease resistance is pretty much the only upside to being a werewolf. Well.. I guess there being no downside is kinda an upside..? Lol. The inability to rest is hardly worth a mention.

-

The actual wolf form is useless past level 30 though, I've found. My werewolf character is level 69 right now and whilst I can wreck absolutely anything in like five seconds, I die just as quickly. It's like a glass missile. A big, bulky, arrow magnet of a glass missile. In order for it to actually be worth using at later levels, Bethesda need to increase it's defence tenfold in a patch.

-

First person view wouldn't hurt either lol. Although that's not important, just something that I personally would like to see. Running around in wolf form is pretty cool, but I figure it would be a lot cooler in first person thanks to the enhanced sense of speed you'd get.

-

-

On topic though, vampires are pretty cool in this game.. If you're playing a stealthy character, then you'll only benefit by being one. There is literally no reason not to be, other than light role play I guess. The lack of regeneration in sunlight makes the other playstyles a tad more complex though. Vampires can still make passable warriors, I wouldn't recommend a vampire mage though.. Not unless there's some stealth involved too. Playing as a mage is hard enough without having to put up with no magicka regeneration whenever the sun is up.

-

-

PS If someone could tell me how to drop down a line in order to separate paragraphs without having to use a hyphen I'd be quite grateful lol. This forum layout is garbage. 

Shut It Ya Bass!
    • Level   8

Bringing this up again. So i was looking through the wiki and saw there is a Daedric quest and a reward is a ring called, Ring of Namira which grants the wearer a boost of +50 stamina, and "feeding on corpses grants you increased Health and Health regeneration. Is this a great item for being a vampire?