Save file is corrupt

• Level   1

Everytime I try to continue my last saved game it shows a screen that the disc is unreadable. I already cleared xbox cache and did the make a new game then load my last saved file but before i can the disc is unreadable message shows up. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Level   6

Is it corrupt or unreadable? Because there is a difference...

Unreadable: Your disc or Xbox isnt functioning properly. Try diffrent games, if they are too unreadable your xbox is flawed. If those other games work fine, your Skyrim disc is damaged. Nonetheless, once you find out get xbox/game restored and cleaned.

Corrupt: This damage is irrevocable and CAN NOT BE FIXED. So before you decide to get rid of your game save, make sure that the file is indeed corrupt.

• Level   8

Try installing the game. If the disc is faulty you will get a disc unreadable error while installing. That way you know to get the disc replaced.

If the game is already installed then try uninstalling and then installing again.

• Level   1

Now I got a question if my disk is unreadable does it mean thr save is bad. And I bought it from the 360 so I don't play with a disk.

I just bought skyrim on the xbox no disc . And when I try to reload my save from long ago and it says my disc is scratched, when I don't even have the disk in my xbox. Can someone help

• Level   7

As Fortified Brad said, there is a difference between corrupt and unreadable.

I just bought skyrim on the xbox no disc . And when I try to reload my save from long ago and it says my disc is scratched, when I don't even have the disk in my xbox. Can someone help

The only thing I can add is what happened to me quite some time back. I tried to load a very old save and got an error message saying that the save was incompatible with this version of Skyrim. That was after the updates. You might be trying to load an old save and the fact that you have a download game may be part of the confusion. I would ask the folks at X-box for some help on that. If you have a PC (laptop) you can get a live chat with them. They're very good. I don't see how you can get a disc unreadable error from a file that is installed on your HDD. Try downloading the game again. I've had to do that before after transferring with a fire wire to my new X-box. System files went okay but 2 games didn't come across at all. Had to get them from download history.

So in a nutshell. Your old save may not be useable at all. (depending on how old it really is. i.e. Before last update?)

OR you may not have a good download game, and you can always get it again. (I recommend doing this as it is very easy and would eliminate the game file question)

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!