An NPC killed my Husband, can I get married again?

• Level   2

I know the word out there is ....... only YOU can kill your Followers.  BAH!  Another lie or just one more glitch in this game.  An NPC (a mediocre one at that) killed Vilkas my Spouse while I was fighting the Boss.  I had no idea he died,  he just disappeared.  So I went to our home once the quest was complete, thinking he'd show up.  Nope... didnt show up.  Went BACK to the dungeon to see if he was there..... nope body gone ALONG with the neat armor and weapons I had on him.  So..... my question is:

Can I get another mate?  I went back to Riften and talked to a Priestess there.... she sent me on these missions to help people in love with 'issues'.  But even completting those I can't get a topic to come up about another marriage,  even wearing the Amulet of Mara.  *sigh*  Any help?  

I'm the kind of woman that when my feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CRAP.... SHE'S UP!"

• Level   6

I'm sorry, but you cannot remarry. By the way, I love your gamertag!

• Level   5

Maybe this will help....

www.ign.com/.../Marriage

... Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jer 31:3