Snow Veil Sanctum Grrrrrr

• Level   8

Here I thought doing this little Mercer Frey quest completion would be easy…. Find Mercer at the Veil Sanctum, find Karliah and deal with her BUT NO !!!!!! Nothing is easy in Skyrim is it even having Mercer as a side kick, using my Rose staff black fire knights as I call them dudes who are dispatched like butter by these Draugr ‘s, Draugr overlord’s, and wrihts within seconds leveling me to fight up to six Draugr’s all at once…..I am just too weak of a character to kill these dudes or is it the game itself.

I’m my weapons appear powerful but often they are too weak example: My Ebony bow (40 lev) that takes 20 % of life force never does what it suppose to do…..My Green glass sword (38 lev) steals 25 % stamina often just runs out of power…..My Mace’s one is that dark Evil Mace (42 lev) steals God knows what often one swing with this weapon leaves me drained of soul power…..My best weapon seems to be the lowest level weapon that gives me more power, and that is my Ebony sword that steals only 10 % of life force, and yet, I can kill off enemies fast than any of the other weapons I hold.

My one handed skill is up, so is my armor, and archery, working on my magica areas… Oh I have added points here and there throughout the skill tree but come on you shouldn’t get over powered by a Draugr like I have been…. I have about 9 quests I can’t complete because these Draugr’s are too powerful I understand when players say, there is no set match between characters but there has to be a balance of sight, and being out match all the time isn’t fun, and getting pretty boring. …. I have used followers Oh by the way all these have been killed off by dragon fights….. LOL Anyway, getting back to this newest quest I had to leave is this Snow Veil Sanctum the one good thing that came out of me leaving this quest is that Mercer Frey is still with me, and I have taken him on several side easy quest, and he still stands by my side…. Maybe this is another game glitch I found. I really don’t think Mercer Frey should stay with me when I had left his own quest line……Anyway…back to the drawing board trying to figure out a new angle for me to use to give me that edge against these Draugr’s dudes.

• Level   1

If all of your followers are dying you are doing it wrong.  They don't die unless hit by you for a killing blow.  So watch where you swing.  Maybe you are spreading your points around too thin?  Maybe focus on one specialty because it is not possible to assign points to all magic and melee skills and be effective.  You will run out of points before you can fill every tree.  Try this overpowered article, maybe it can help you.  www.ugo.com/.../skyrim-overpowered-character-guide  I was able to get to lvl 81 without using any exploits on Master difficulty which I turned on around lvl 50 ish.

Absolutely, Definitely!
    • Level   7

Not everything is a glitch OP, you seem very quick to always jump to that conclusion. Mercer is still with you because you started but never finished his quest, that is all. And going through SVS is easy if you use sneak. Don't run into traps or the bones chimes as that wakes them up. If you sneak everywhere and are generally quiet, you can get through quite abit of the dungeon without fighting. Plus if your sneaking you get the sneak attack bonus.

• Level   7

Draugr's are easy kills, the Overlords can sometimes be a b*itch though

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Level   7

Riven57

BUT NO !!!!!! Nothing is easy in Skyrim

Apparently not for you.

Look, I'm sorry man, but it was said in another one of your many 'This game is too hard' threads that maybe this game just isn't for you. It's time to consider that as a real possibility. All your threads are one complaint or another on this game, maybe it's time you just accepted the fact that Skyrim isn't the game for you?

I know this sounds like I'm ripping on you and I really am sorry because I don't want it to sound that way, but a certain measure of brutal honesty is needed to make the point. You don't ever seem like you have any fun playing this game, why just constantly come to the forum and complain about it? You can probably still get a good amount for it on a used game trade in, there are probably other games out there better suited to your game style and taste.

It just seems like it would make more sense for you to move on then it would for you to have the community trying to talk you off a ledge every other day.

• Level   9

DarthLama

Apparently not for you.

Look, I'm sorry man, but it was said in another one of your many 'This game is too hard' threads that maybe this game just isn't for you. It's time to consider that as a real possibility. All your threads are one complaint or another on this game, maybe it's time you just accepted the fact that Skyrim isn't the game for you?

I know this sounds like I'm ripping on you and I really am sorry because I don't want it to sound that way, but a certain measure of brutal honesty is needed to make the point. You don't ever seem like you have any fun playing this game, why just constantly come to the forum and complain about it? You can probably still get a good amount for it on a used game trade in, there are probably other games out there better suited to your game style and taste.

It just seems like it would make more sense for you to move on then it would for you to have the community trying to talk you off a ledge every other day.

QFT.

Darth has hit the nail on the head.

OP, You should have put this game away back when you refused to seek out a cure for vampirism.

We all told you how to do it. You just refused and restarted your game. And the quest to get the cure in Skyrim is 50 times easier than what you would have to do in Oblivion.

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the quests aren’t going to get any easier as you go along.

It just seems to all of us that you’re not having a good time playing this game. So why play?

• Level   7

Bird125

OP, You should have put this game away back when you refused to seek out a cure for vampirism.

I thought he did....

• Level   7

I hate to say it as well, but Darth and Bird have it right...

I think you should slow down a lot. You need to watch where you're going... understand what you're doing... take it a bit more tactically and chill out about it. Just because everyone panicked over a few things doesn't mean the game is screwed.

Firstly, turn the difficulty down. I hate to say it but if there are six Draugr there, they're supposed to be there. If you can't outmaneouvre them and you can't beat them all down... and you can't blast them away... or sneak past them, then the difficulty has to go down. Trust me. I hate to give advice like this but I really do think you need to man. It's a good first step.

Secondly, chill out a bit about it. Take the time to familiarise yourself with everything the game has to offer. It's a good idea. Read Quest descriptions. Take the time to read every article the game's Help section has. They're an interesting read anyway, but you'll probably find them helpful.

Seriously. Make the game more familiar to you. Experiment in combat by saving and bashing your companion. Figure out what you personally have the ability to do (can you block, attack and move appropriately? If you can't, practice, then the Draugr will be left out to die, easily).

I don't really know what the problem is so I can't say much but it just seems like you're missing a big part of the game, so all I can suggest is that you practice dude. Familiarise yourself with it : )

"Check out this overpowered guide".

Does this not seem like avoiding the problem to you? It's like trying to drive in Forza, not being able to do it and then turning the assists on to get you through the Career. Trying to play Tekken, not being able to then looking up some cheap and easy stun you can easily win with. Trying to play Call of Duty and immediately latching on to what everyone else is using, rather than trying it out.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   4

OP. turn the difficulty down to 'Novice', then you can pretty much run through the game in your underpants, dispatching enemies with an embalming tool.

TrueAchievements - Just how good are you?

• Level   9

May I suggest a simpler medium....like perhaps a Choose your own Adventure book by R. A. Montgomery?

d

(Anyone remember these as a kid?  I think I read all of them....well except this one. lol)

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@

• Level   9

I remember similar books, the Goosebump books if I'm not mistaken, but those remind me of the Famous Five (I think), The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew, all of which I remember reading.

Prefer Stephen King, but at the time I was reading the above that wasn't within my ability.

They want to see me shot up, locked up, encage me...

I come back bigger... stronger... and angrier.

• Level   4

Guys i wonder if you can help me. I have it on master difficulty but i'm having trouble killing 12 draugr overlords, a dragon and 2 giants with my rusty dagger. This game is so broken!!!!!

OP - understand the game and take time to work out problems. If you dont think about any situation tactically then you have no hope. (IE draugr have a weakness to fire and dont attack if you sneak and are unseen - suprise fire attack? weakness to fire poisened arrows followed by flames? etc). I think you enjoy complaining, if i looked at your 50 recent posts i would think 80% have some kind of moan in them.

• Level   8

Mogul218

If all of your followers are dying you are doing it wrong.  They don't die unless hit by you for a killing blow.  So watch where you swing.  Maybe you are spreading your points around too thin?  Maybe focus on one specialty because it is not possible to assign points to all magic and melee skills and be effective.  You will run out of points before you can fill every tree.  Try this overpowered article, maybe it can help you.  www.ugo.com/.../skyrim-overpowered-character-guide  I was able to get to lvl 81 without using any exploits on Master difficulty which I turned on around lvl 50 ish.

WRONG ! they died due to dragon fights they don't last very long, not by my hand its this game.

• Level   9

Lydia died in a battle and it wasn't because I hit her.  They will usually fall to their knees first and you can either protect them or you can cast "Heal Other" on them.  Otherwise, they will die if they continue to be attacked.

Riven, if you like your follower and he/she dies then you probably have too high a difficulty.  If you are getting overwhelmed by the enemy and too much of the burden falls to your companion, then yes, they are going to die.  

Maybe you are missing the suggestions from above....go to game settings and change the difficulty to NOVICE.  It will be easier for you to keep yourself and your follower alive.  

@~~ B I Z A R R O M A N T I S ~~@

• Level   1

i just bounced out of the quest and did a few other quests...levelling up my character. i was a 31 when i went in to snowveil. i went back at level 46...and trust me, its 1000X easier. plus you want to pick up chillrend in the next quest, and the best level to get it at is 46. use your head brosif...if its too hard, come back to fight another day.