Bethesda: Skyrim DLC will feel more like expansion packs.

• Level   7

Full Article Here.

Pretty much nothing we didn't already know, just a re-enforcement that the DLC for Skyrim will be much larger, but as a trade off it will take longer to release.

I'm hoping we at least get some followup soon on what to expect, my big hope is that we're going to be able to travel to areas not currently included in the game. Maybe someplace where I can fight something other then Bandits, Drauger or Dragons?

Also mentions that they are going to release some small DLC packs that will be free in between major releases, that could be cool.

What do you think?

• Level   5

*tears up with happiness

Seriously though I still have like 3 class ideas that I am toying around in my head. So the game still has like 6 months with the current content. It will be sweet to see what extensions and added content they will bring.

Going to be a daddy 2-17-13

• Level   7

So it will be like the Fallout dlc then? That's cool. I've tried to play Skyrim lately but I'm too bored with the game. I hope the dlc that is coming will be worth the wait...

Where is the quote button?

• Level   5

if you're already bored with skyrim, i doubt dlc will help with that. without dlc its still one of largest games out.

• Level   9

You have to admire Bethesda and the support behind this game.

While some people who got this game at launch and have maxed out their 1st and possibly 2nd characters are clamoring for some DLC, there are also those who are having major issues with it.

But I guess that’s why people like Todd Howard. He’s the ultimate PR guy. He’s knows what’s going on with this game ( consoles in particular) and all the issues its having  and knows just what to say to the HC fans to convince them to purchase the DLC when its released.

I found the statement about the monthly (or close to monthly) updates comforting as I still have a few bugs (Thieves Guild) myself. What other company does that? Not the one that released their block buster game a few days before Skyrim. No they’re getting ready to release their 2nd DLC offering between sending me e-mails as to why haven’t I bought their game as I habitually did in the past?

I plan on buying the Skyrim DLC whenever it comes out. If I had to guess, late-March early-April release. And from the sounds of it; I’ll need another 100+ hours to invest into it.

Can’t wait!

• Level   7

k0rruptiD

if you're already bored with skyrim, i doubt dlc will help with that. without dlc its still one of largest games out.

I've put in over 200 hours into the game between two characters. Same thing happened to me with Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So much time spent that after a few months I can't bring myself to play them. I will buy the Skyrim dlc anyways because I like the game alot, just bored with it at the moment..

Where is the quote button?

• Level   5

I'd like to see some DLC that adds additional storage space to your homes. That wonderful home in Windhelm and and not a single Chest or Barrel to store all of my wonderful ingredients in next to the Alchemy Lab. Ok, I admit, I have OCD, but still, I NEED STORAGE!! lol...

I'm still playing with my first character and just joined the Stormcloaks and gotten invloved in the civil war. With over 400+ hours, I haven't even looked at another game in my Xbox Library! Yes, the game has its issues, but it is truly amazing. Everytime the combat music begins to play, I just start smiling, it's incredibly immersive. Can't wait for the DLC, I'm loving every second of the game.

• Level   8

Yeah, me too. I don't think I'm OCD but I really don't think bethesda understands our deep need for hoarding and having our stuff where we use it. It made me crazy in Oblivion when I bought Frostcrag Spire and had the enchanting alter and the Atronach table and two stupid bookcases. I needed a chest I could put my soul gems in where I was going to use them. There were no chests at all on the ground floor. Massive storage in the basement for excess junk but I dropped soul gems on the floor.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   7

The only thing I wish they included was some general time frame just so people can know what to expect. I mean when they say it's going to take 'some time' does that mean months? or years? I'm hoping for maybe middle of this year, but judging by what they're saying about how large the content will be, that might a bit overly hopefull. I have no idea how long it takes to make DLC so I have no idea how long to expect the wait to be. Oh well, once Mass Effect 3 drops, I won't care for quite some time.

• Level   7

The Lady Bastet

Yeah, me too. I don't think I'm OCD but I really don't think bethesda understands our deep need for hoarding and having our stuff where we use it. It made me crazy in Oblivion when I bought Frostcrag Spire and had the enchanting alter and the Atronach table and two stupid bookcases. I needed a chest I could put my soul gems in where I was going to use them. There were no chests at all on the ground floor. Massive storage in the basement for excess junk but I dropped soul gems on the floor.

Have you completed the college of winterhold questline? - the arch mage's quarters are amazing, there's plenty of storage and tonnes of goodies lying around too

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Level   8

I did and it is though I had raided it more than once after I got the key. The neat thing is all those shock boots I stole are no longer marked stolen because they belong to the arch mage and that's me! Now I can sell them to anyone. I like those boots, I wish i could find some unenchanted ones somewhere. I was pleased that Breezehome has a chest for storing ingredients right there across from the alchemy lab and a barrel and dresser for the excess potions separated into using and sell. No I'm not OCD that's just common sense arranging. You know all those notes on parchment we get? Bounties and things? I put them all in the Alchemist Pouch. It seemed dumb to waste bookcase space on a piece of folded paper. The ones at Honeyside I drop in the kettle.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   7

like todd said an expansion pack feel, wich it means more land and more places and stuff. cant wait, i think a dlc will be here in may and after.

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Ulysses

• Level   7

i hope we get to fight the aldmeri dominion after the civil war, they might do that, but it would only make sense if the main quest would have to be completed to. or mabey they might save that for the next game, its clear that what ever side wins they will attack, because almost evryone in the game says something about that, like the civil war and main quest.

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Ulysses

• Level   8

With all the game bug issues that are still untreated a larger DLC means that of the same, MORE BUGS ! Once around is good enough without forking out extra money for a LC that will have a large sum of BUGS no thank you Bathesdia.

• Level   6

Hopefully some new alchemical ingredients too :)