Black Soul Gems

• Level   5

Where can I find some and if I can make there where?

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nov. 11, 2011)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   5

Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   5

Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   2

I actually have one or two and I have NO idea where I got them! I just move, kill, open locked containers and grab. Later I check inventory and say "Oh that's interesting. I wonder what it does.". I really should learn what the different soul gems do.

• Level   8

Once you have reached a certain level, I was around 40, they will start showing up in random loot mostly when you kill necromancers or conjurers. Sometimes they are on Falmer. Once you can go to Blackreach, they will sometimes appear when you mine geode veins which produce soul gems of all sorts. Once you get Enthir (College of Winterhold) for a fence in the thieves guild he sells a couple. I found that once they started appearing it was no problem having a few on hand for filling with bad guys.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   8

IntensivePine47

I actually have one or two and I have NO idea where I got them! I just move, kill, open locked containers and grab. Later I check inventory and say "Oh that's interesting. I wonder what it does.". I really should learn what the different soul gems do.

Filled Soul gems are only useful if you enchant or use enchanted weapons otherwise just sell them. To fill them yourself you need either a soul trap weapon or a spell. Soul trap weapons are available to buy fairly early. Most common foes will fill Petty or Lesser. The tougher bears and cats will fill Common. Some high rank Falmer and Giants will fill Greater. Mammoths fill Grand. People require Black soul gems. Any filled soul gem can recharge an enchanted weapon though if the enchantment is high it may take multiple petty gems but that's a good use for them.

• Level   5

I know how to fill them :). They are for enchanting armors and weapons. Also my 3rd toon Im using that needs them is @ lv36 now. Didnt want to go threw the Magi School :/.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   8

It isn't necessary to go through Enthir, I never did. Black gems showed up pretty often for my Dunmer who did more exploring/dungeon diving than my Imperial and even she found enough black gems to not need to go buy any.

• Level   7

You can find them in these locations:  elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../Black_Soul_Gem_%28Skyrim%29

Or do this Daedric Quest:  elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../The_Black_Star_%28Quest%29

• Level   6

You can also buy them off this guy. He's my dealer.

• Level   7

Fortified Brad

You can also buy them off this guy. He's my dealer.

Forgot about him!

But, you can only buy them in his room at night.

• Level   8

Yes, that's Enthir but he's in the college.

• Level   6

It's only easy to get in. He's almost ALWAYS there when I go to buy stock from him.

• Level   7

Why are we "buying" soul gems? I'll give you a bunch of mine for free. Explore the deepest darkest dungeons and whack every Necromancer you see. I keep an empty with me for bad guys but I have a stash of 22 Black Gems and have never bought one, of any kind, yet. Geode veins in BlackReach have produced like 4 for me but I do think that is a random find. Mostly Vampires, Witches and Necromancers almost always have one or two.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

I don't even use enchantments, I can hit hard enough without this OP stuff.