Cure Poison?

• Level   7

Is it me, or is it difficult to find Cure Poison potions in Skyrim? I can't find a Cure Poison spell either... can be annoying... what ingredients are needed to craft a cure poison potion myself? Thanks!

• Level   7

I'm not sure how to link stuff on here but check out the Skyrim wiki. Pretty much everything you need to know about ingredients and the like can be found on there. I'm not big into alchemy but it's a worthwhile skill to have in Skyrim.

Where is the quote button?

• Level   8

You can make a cure poison potion though the ingredients can be tricky as they put other effects some not good and very rarely find one but why?. For me it was only useful as a train alchemy potion since it was often a mult-effect which raises its value. I have been poisoned but it has never been persistent enough to kill me and the damage is curable with any heal potion or spell. A damage health potion causes poison damage. It either lingers  which means it does x amount of damage for z number of seconds or else it just does x amount of damage. Spiders and Chaurus cause damage by poison as well as by fangs but the poison just removes health and can be cured by a health potion.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   8

You can always go to a temple and activate the shrine, although that may only be for diseases....

• Level   9

I must be playing a different game or something. Poison has never affected me for longer than a few seconds. Redguard blood should only affect how often I get poisoned and not what the poison does, right?

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident.

- Sovereign -

PSN: Sipuli91  Steam: hi_im_sipuli91

RIP 360 Elite 5/2009 - 12/2013

• Level   8

Sipuli91

I must be playing a different game or something. Poison has never affected me for longer than a few seconds. Redguard blood should only affect how often I get poisoned and not what the poison does, right?

You are correct, poison is simply a duration effect that damages health so a cure poison anything is silly since all you need is a heal health. A resist poison is useful against spiders and chaurus and theoretically against a poisoned weapon though I don't think I've ever been hit by a poisoned weapon. Even then the lingering damage poisons found in game should not really kill anyone on one shot. The whole poison thing is for show as far as i can figure it. 

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   7

I play on Normal, so Poison is never an issue. That is the only reason I don't wear DB armor. The enchantment is not as good as Thieves Guild armor.

• Level   7

Yes! There are cure and resist poison ingredients for potions. Temples only do desease. But as has been said, any health potion will counter a poison as poisons are only temporary. Foresworn love to poison you while the others are attacking so a group attack can have some effect if your not careful.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!