Installing To HDD

• Level   3

Will installing skyrim to my hard drive make the gaming experience any better or will it just take up memory.  I've never installed any other game  so im curious.

There are only 2 types of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy.  Everyone else has a second hand opinion.

• Level   5

Personally, I do think installing the game to the HDD does improve the game performance.  If you have the room (about 4 GB), then go ahead and install to see if you notice any differences.

• Level   7

If you only have the 4gig X-box the game will not install as you really don't have a HDD. Otherwise you will notice quieter play time as the Disc drive does not have to run any longer than to ID the disc. I have a 250gig HDD and have 4 games installed. I still need the proper disc in the drawer but after the game starts, there is no more noise from the X-Box.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   9

Less moving parts = longer lasting parts.

• Level   9

I have the 250 as well and have about 10 games installed. Every game I play on a regular basis is installed. Like everyone else has said, it runs quieter, less parts moving all the time. I feel some games run better as well.

• Level   3

I should have made it clear in my post that i understood the whole deal with less moving parts and running more quietly.  I want to know if the actual game runs smoother?  I also have a 250gGB but i just never saw the need to install any games.  Either way its already installed so i will find out for myself if it makes a difference.  Thanks for the input though.

There are only 2 types of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy.  Everyone else has a second hand opinion.

• Level   5

I have not noticed much in the way of improved game performance, at least not drastically enough to make me smile. However, I did not expect it to, and only did it only to keep the moving parts intact longer, and disc drive noise down.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   5

I wouldn't know tbh. I install all of my games including Skyrim before I play them so I'm not sure what it's like when it's not installed.

• Level   7

I install all my games.  I can't tell if it helps in load times(sometimes it seems like it does, other times not so much lol) and performance, maybe a little with pop ups and stuff.  But, the fact that it doesn't sound like I'm sitting in the middle of the airport tarmac is reason alone to install.  Plus, you can always delete it later while still keeping your save data, updates, etc. if you need space.

• Level   3

After sitting though the load screens I decided to install it to make the load time shorter. It didn't seem to make a difference. What did make a differnce is starting a new character. I think since I don't have a bunch of junk stored in houses it takes less tim to load. I've been trying to keep the junk to a minimum and so far it is working.

I eat cuys.
    • Level   9

Maybe it is just me....but it seems that after this last update load times take longer. I do have it installed but there have been a few where I thought I maybe locked up.

• Level   6

it still freezes all the time, even when installed.

The System Has Failed

• Level   4

@ St8UpAmazing27

How many items and how many game saves do you have in game?

• Level   7

I don't think the number of saves has anything to do with it. I have 986 saves with several auto's mixed in and have deleted nearly 200 off the bottom of the list. Seems there is something funny with your game and box that is doing it. My load times are still varied but only annoying when I'm excited to move on.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

Cant speak to others experiences but installing does make the box quieter during game play, does save on moving parts but I think that is far as the advantage goes.

As for game freezes, I had around 700 or so a while back, deteled the majority of these and now have 12 including auto's - I followed some advice from these forums and cleared my game cache (LB+RB+X from starting the game to the start screen) and I didnt get anymore freezes.

Therefore for me, it made a difference reducing the number os saves and/or game cache being cleared.