Skyrim Glitches

• Level   2
    So I'm doing the dark brotherhood quests and I am playing on the slim. So I just finished assassinating that fake emperor and the sanctuary is on fire. I get to the part where the Night Mother is like embrace me and I'm like. Ok why not. So I get into the coffin and she's like sleep. And my Xbox freezes. Every time! I've tried about 8 times and it did the same thing. Please help.
    • Level   6

Are you sure it's freezing? Many people have thought this was a glitch but it really all just a part of that mission - the screen stays black for some time before the mission starts up again. How long are you letting it sit before giving up?

XBL Gold Account: MugOfRevenge Concept Art Blog
    • Level   2

I let it sit for about 2-5 mins then I go to the xbox dashboard to see if that's working and it doesn't come up.

• Level   4

It is probably a glitch, but if you wait the game will continue. i have waited as long as 5 minutes or more.The first time it happened I reverted to an earlier save. But the same thing happened.

• Level   5

This is a known problem.  It just takes time.  Apparently what happens is that the npc's that are supposed to dig you out get hung up on debris in the area, and can take some time getting to you to free you.  While they are attempting your xbox will be unresponsive, so it appears to have locked up.  Apparently it can do the same thing if you return to the sanctuary after the fire as well.  Just have to wait it out.  As everyone's xbox is different it may take awhile longer on yours.  I had this trouble when I went through it too.  Looked on the wiki and it told me what I have just told you, so, I waited, and it worked itself out.

ENGORGE!!!!!!!
    • Level   5

NinjaOzem, the simplest "test" to see what is actually happening is to try and Open your Guide Button when this happens. If it opens, simply wait. If the Guide Button does not respond you'll have to try additional avenues.

Things to try for Bethesda Games (Fallout/ Oblivion/ Skyrim) that Lock-up or "freeze" often would be;

• Clear the Cache
    • Install the Game to the HDD
    • Delete "unnecessary" Save Files (keep it low enough you still have options but don't keep something from 100 hours ago that you are never going to use again)
    • Try keeping your Items in one "general" Location (ie don't have 500+ Items here and there and everywhere else).

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

Don't bother with that test.  The guide button will not open the guide during this particular instance.  Here is the text from the wiki.  On Xbox, when you enter the Night Mother's Coffin, the screen will fade to black, and then stay that way, seemingly frozen as you cannot even use the Xbox Guide Menu during this time. It can stay this way for up to 5 minutes even before it loads the next sequence of events, but it will clear up if you simply wait.  And here is the link to the page I got that from.  

ENGORGE!!!!!!!
    • Level   5

rma316

Don't bother with that test.  The guide button will not open the guide during this particular instance.

Really, something that will give an answer in under one second. Sorry but I don't know where you got your information from (lol wiki) but the Guide Button will always Open, period. Sans the Console is Locked-up.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   2

Alright thanks guys Ill wait it out then.

• Level   2

IM about to start playing right now and ill reply if it works or not. I reverted to the save when Im right outside the coffin.

• Level   2

Woo it worked. Thanks alot. Now Im gonna clear a crap load of saves.

• Level   5

LostKauz

rma316

Don't bother with that test.  The guide button will not open the guide during this particular instance.

Really, something that will give an answer in under one second. Sorry but I don't know where you got your information from (lol wiki) but the Guide Button will always Open, period. Sans the Console is Locked-up.

Problem is, I have pushed the guide button when it does this, and it did not come up, however, less than 1 minute after pushing the guide button the screen lightened and the voices of the people digging me out of the coffin grew louder.  Yes, pushing the guide button will give you an answer in less than one second, but in the instance of this quest, it will be the wrong answer.  The correct answer is to simply wait it out.

ENGORGE!!!!!!!
    • Level   5

rma316
    LostKauz
    Snip-
    Problem is, I have pushed the guide button when it does this, and it did not come up, however, less than 1 minute after pushing the guide button the screen lightened and the voices of the people digging me out of the coffin grew louder.  Yes, pushing the guide button will give you an answer in less than one second, but in the instance of this quest, it will be the wrong answer.  The correct answer is to simply wait it out.

I understand what you are saying but the problem is not once in over 200+ Games that I have played on the Xbox 360, has one ever had the ability to "cancel" or "delay" or "block" the Guide Button. Including Skyrim.

I'm sorry but I don't really care what wiki might say. The Guide Button will always Open, sans a complete Console Lock-up. The Guide button is a stand alone Operating System of the Xbox 360. There is not a single Game that runs or "overrides" the Operation of the Guide Button.

• Level   7

LostKauz

rma316
    LostKauz
    Snip-

I understand what you are saying but the problem is not once in over 200+ Games that I have played on the Xbox 360, has one ever had the ability to "cancel" or "delay" or "block" the Guide Button. Including Skyrim.

I'm sorry but I don't really care what wiki might say. The Guide Button will always Open, sans a complete Console Lock-up. The Guide button is a stand alone Operating System of the Xbox 360. There is not a single Game that runs or "overrides" the Operation of the Guide Button.

Hey? Don't get me wrong here but I think I understand what your saying about the guide button. It should work all the time as it is the X-box operating system and not the game system. I have experienced the loss of the guide button only since this game has come out. Never before have I ever had to get up to reset my X-Box from the console start button. On several occasions since Skyrim, my "game freezes" have caused the guide button on my controller to do nothing. How do you explain that?

By the way: I don't have much faith in the wiki's either. But the guide button doesn't always work with Skyrim.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

On occasion when it freezes like this.  You can hold down the guide button and the screen will not pop up, however after a few seconds it will make the noise indicated you have brought up the shut down menu.  It's only happened to me with Skyrim, which coincidentally is the only game I ever seem to have freezing issues with.

ENGORGE!!!!!!!