Hearthfire hatchery

• Level   2

I put some slaughter fish eggs in my hatchery and now the slaughter fish are eating the other fish, do i remove them?

BlindArtists
    • Level   7

Their not eating the other fish in my hatchery, the other fish take longer to appear. I can't interact with them at all in mine. Just 2 of them and I can't touch them at all. The other fish took a couple days to appear though. I can take my salmon but then they dissappear and I don't get anything from them. I did get a perch and a longfin though.

All I noticed is their eggs (slaughterfish) return in like 2 or 3 days.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

I have not gotten this far, still fleshing out Lakeside, however I have the other two properties. Did not know about hatcheries... I guess it is implied that the voracious slaughterfish will devour everything, including you, that gets in the water with them.

Since they seemingly swim in packs, I usually lure them in close to shore, and chain-lightning their butts.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   7

Geddyme

I have not gotten this far, still fleshing out Lakeside, however I have the other two properties. Did not know about hatcheries... I guess it is implied that the voracious slaughterfish will devour everything, including you, that gets in the water with them.

Since they seemingly swim in packs, I usually lure them in close to shore, and chain-lightning their butts.

Yeah I thought so too and tried to get them for the scales. No Luck and no dialogue. The ones out in the wild do attack but the ones in your hatchery don't. Their only laying eggs so far. My Salmon are multiplying but I can't seem to figure out what their good for yet. The other fish are all over and it's fun watching them jump like real fish. Also I found that the Dragonflies are showing up every night in numbers and very very easy to catch. Like their not even trying to get away like the wild ones. Maybe the Salmon are doing that.

Texas Expedition.

• Level   5

Angelus, I was going to say never mind my post. since you replied form a position of experience while I was typing ;)

Fish multiply eh? I'll be danged if I can get my bees to do that... so much for "the birds and the bees". I have been stuck on five bees and one honeycomb in my apiary since day one.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   7

Me too! lol I did just put a buch of Honeycomb in there to see if that would help and some Beehive Husk. Going to check again today. I have been storing everything "Bee" related in there to see if they would multiply. If you figure out how to get those dang chickens to lay more eggs, let us know.

Texas Expedition.

• Level   5

Yea I put a Bee in a jar in there (could not figure out how to open the jar... lol )

Sorry to hijack your topic  BA, I hope you got an answer that helps?  And perhaps some enlightenment on bees once you get to Lake Manor... best wishes!

-unknown

• Level   5

I also noticed the Slaughter fish ate all my other fish. Then a few days later the fish appeared again, and then they ate them again......and then they tried to eat me!  lol

• Level   1

I killed my non-violent slaughterfish for their scales and they came back just like the other fish.

• Level   5

Slaughter fish were the first ones I added but I think they are sick or stoned.  They just stay in one spot, dont move, dont attack, dont do anything.  I've added lots of other fish since and they all swim around the slaughter fish.