Weird bug or not? (Hearthfire)

• Level   2

So I have my family in the house in The Pale.  I noticed the housecarl Gregor sleeps in the bed upstairs, the kids sleep in their children's beds, wife sleeps in the double bed in the bedroom downstairs with the kids, and the steward sleeps in the double bed upstairs, all is normal.

Then one night I noticed my steward who is Jordis is missing. So I waited a few hours to midnight to see if she would be in her bed and she wasn't anywhere to be found. So I waited until the morning around 10am and she was back. After questing for a bit I return home and notice my family going in the house (It was midnight again) but then I see Jordis walking the opposite way...so I decide to follow her and see where she goes at night. She walked all the way from my house in The Pale to outside Honningbrew Meadery outside Whiterun from around midnight to 6-7 am and then walks back home and comes back in the morning.

Is this a bug or working as intended? It has never happened before as I mentioned she used to sleep upstairs at night...kinda weird, has this happened to anyone else?

• Level   5

i know my stewards just walk off and patrol......never followed them though.......this is intersting!

You can tap or let it snap!
    • Level   2

IcemanOU32

i know my stewards just walk off and patrol......never followed them though.......this is intersting!

They never did that before, just suddenly started...I know they walk around outside in the day around your house, but midnight to early morning all the way to whiterun? lol...even killed some bandits along the way.

• Level   7

^^^ Maybe you need to get her one of those invisible fences? lol

• Level   5

That might explain why my housecarl disappears for days on end. He's gone so long that twice I've decided he must be dead somewhere, then to shows back up.

• Level   2

Weird, definitely. It took a while for one of my housecarls to show up. I'm still missing Gregor, though. Rayya has been here the whole time.

• Level   M

This makes me want to follow mine and see what happens.  Thanks for the story.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. @PhDPeddler