Hearhfire Kidnapped

• Level   5

I have to rescue my "spouse" but once i fast travel to the bandit camp it says complete "Save Lydia" and i cant find her anywhere

why does this happen its really weird

• Level   6

Maker the game more interesting I suppose. never heard of this before although it sounds really cool! Try searching it online.

• Level   5

ive never had a marrage quest. how do you start them?

---

maybe lydia busted herself out? she is pretty badass. maybe try fast traveling just outside the camp and making the rest of your way on foot? thats what i do when i get a glitch like that.

I can actually spell. I just use a faulty keypad.

• Level   5

Sounds like its out of Fable 2. LOL. But maybe because you married Lydia she kicked there a$$ and started walking home.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nov. 11, 2011)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Lives Forever!
    • Level   5

this thread made up??  it sounds made up? lol

You can tap or let it snap!
    • Level   5

no

• Level   9

No, this isn't the first time this has happened. Your spouse can get kidnapped, and sometimes gets out of it herself, and shows up back at home sometime later.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   5

Are they just like random events? I`ve heard of them befre but just never had one happen.

• Level   5

Tr0ll

If you want to get married, find an Amulet of Mara, I found mine in the Understone Keep somewhere, forget exactly where, but someone will chime in, there are a few laying about.. .perhaps you already have one? Wear said amulet in the presence of the person (lady or gentlemen) you wish to marry and if they are a marrying type NPC, then they will take it from there.

Lydia and I wish you all success ;)

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   7

Geddyme

Tr0ll

If you want to get married, find an Amulet of Mara, I found mine in the Understone Keep somewhere, forget exactly where, but someone will chime in, there are a few laying about.. .perhaps you already have one? Wear said amulet in the presence of the person (lady or gentlemen) you wish to marry and if they are a marrying type NPC, then they will take it from there.

Lydia and I wish you all success ;)

All this time I thought it had to be the one you purchase from the preacher in Riften at the temple. I had 4 of them on me when it finally triggered. Just don't get in a hurry to marry the first person you meet. The dialogue does come back up after you refuse the first one.

My own preference? "Don't marry the hired help." lol

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   5

To late. Lol.

Ged I already know how to get married. We have discussed this over several threads (im sc0ttsw0rth btw) it was more I`ve never had the kidnapping random event.

------

Angelus I have pretty low standards and rush my dissicions. I`m guessing there will be a divorce and remarraige patch coming through soon the way people talk about it. So then I can be heartless and divorce Mojill (in the safety of a companion and steward) and send her packing packing back to Riften where all that remains of the guy she lived with are his shoes. (ooooops)

• Level   5

Don't mind Angelus, he is just jealous I scored Lydia before he did! LOL...  ; )

I did notice who you were Tr0ll, no worries mate. you must explain how you offed that Aerin guy and still have Mjoll as your loving, devoted, not at all planning to knife you in the gizzard, wife? I want him dead in my game just never had the opportunity yet.

I'm sure that if the mothers of belligerent nations could only meet, we would know the last of war...

-unknown

• Level   5

It was quite a cunning plan really. One day got attacked by bandits, he "got in the way" of my unrelenting force and went tumbling down a hill. I charged ahead to "protect my family" and just happened to stick it in his eye on the way past. She didnt see a thing :3 For comical value I took his shoes and left them on the pillow in his Riften house. For saying I dont fast travel and no one goes in his house it was probs a really big waste of half an hour. But I know. And thats all that matters.

---------

P.s - Sorry for the thread hijack.  

• Level   7

BeBeh SoNiCi

I have to rescue my "spouse" but once i fast travel to the bandit camp it says complete "Save Lydia" and i cant find her anywhere

Sometimes you just have to wait for them to show up. They get stuck in the map or something. I waited for Lydia to show up for 3 days once. She only had to walk from Heljarchen to Whiterun. I made a killing round of bandit camps and all looking for her with no luck. Then all of a sudden she's back at Breezehome like nothing ever happened. I swear I'd leave her home if not for that dual wielding thing she does! lol

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   7

AngelusTenebrus

BeBeh SoNiCi

Sometimes you just have to wait for them to show up. They get stuck in the map or something. I waited for Lydia to show up for 3 days once. She only had to walk from Heljarchen to Whiterun. I made a killing round of bandit camps and all looking for her with no luck. Then all of a sudden she's back at Breezehome like nothing ever happened. I swear I'd leave her home if not for that dual wielding thing she does! lol

I think it's a glitch, myself.

I came home (Lakeview) to find Rayya the steward fighting off bandits and Lydia not there. Rayya and I finished off the last bandit, I retrieved a ransom note from the bandit's body and the quest 'Rescue Lydia' showed up. So I headed to Embershard Mine to rescue her. I showed up, killed the guard at the entrance, entered the mine and began clearing it out. About half way through clearing the mine, I get the 'Rescue Lydia' quest completed notification on the screen... yet there were still a few bandits left. At that point, the waypoint disappeared, but since I had been there before, I made my way to the 'prisoner's cell' and guess what? There was Lydia, still locked in the cell, but walking forward into the bars as if she weren't in the cell. I unlocked the cell and left the mine, then fast traveled back to Lakeview. Lydia ended up returning home, but she's been walking backwards half of the time. Other times she stands outside the house and walks in place like she's stuck on something that isn't there. Even in the house she does that.

Don't know what the problem is, but it sure doesn't sound like it's supposed to happen that way. : /