Stalhrim smithing

• Level   7

I did the quests, however, nothing shows up when I go to the forge in Skaal VIllage. I have 90 smithing and went up the light armor side of the perk tree. Some suggested you must have the ebony perk to craft this armor, but I don't know. Any input is greatly appreciated.

1st PC - 80/88-DOS 4.0
    Becoming more machine.

• Level   9

I know nothing of any quests, but online simply said you need the ebony perk.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   5

You use that with the bone stuff. I'm at work not home you can need void salts, bone meal, and a few other things. You can only make 4 or 5 armor things. I have heard rumor of a blacksmith who teaches you also. I have yet to get that achievo and the riding 5 dragons but i have finished most of that DLC.

• Level   5

Metal10957, you need both to have finished the Quest to save the Smith and have Ebony Smith ability. The Ebony Perk must be used on your Character. It is not the same as Bonemeal Armor.

You can Reset your Skill Tree for Smith if you have finished the DB Questline and go the Heavy Armor route with the Points for an easier way for your Character.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

If i make the bonemeal srmor can i get that achievement?

• Level   5

No. It is for the Stalhrim Items only. That's why it's called Stalhrim Crafter for the Achievement.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   5

Where is that quest to save the smith? What is the DB questline? Thank you.

• Level   5

Sorry, I can't remember off hand but it was in the Skaal Village (right where they were chanting to keep up the whatever it was). There was a Character walking around talking about him being missing.

• Level   5

I think im glitched.  Got the map n went back to talk to the smith and i cant talk to him.  He has the quest arrow over hi head but i cant activate him. Actually i cant talk to anybody in the village now.  Any ideas?

You can tap or let it snap!
    • Level   9

The smith doesn't give me any quests, but there was another in that village who sent me to find his brother.

• Level   5

yeah thats the one we are referring to jameser

• Level   9

I can't seem to complete the quest though. I've done the quest, but I come back to the guy and it wont click off finished.

• Level   5

yeah i have a problem with it as well.  i posted about a possible glitch in an earlier thread!  :(

• Level   1

Finished the main quest line, went to the Skaal village and the blacksmith's there, not missing. I've reverted back to a couple of older saves way back before finishing the main quest line and he's still there just chilling, not needing saved. Want the Stalhrim Crafter achievement ;( Ideas?

• Level   9

I found the problem. In order for the smith to go missing and get the needed quest, there's 2 other Skaal you need to hear a conversation from.

Problem is, when you do the big stone thing nearby and the Lurker attacks, most of the villagers are there, and the 2 needed one's get in harm's way.

I lost one of them there too, so now I've restarted, and I'm not even stepping onto Solstheim until my character is badass enough to take down the lurker quickly.