Lost my follower... (Dragonborn)

• Level   3

I hired Teldryn Sero from the Retching Netch at Raven Rock, I let him hold a bunch of stuff and I started out for the hills of Solstheim, and I looked back and he wasnt following me, so I searched where I hired him and he's never there, any idea how to get him back?

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see...

• Level   8

Best way to find lost followers is to wait several in game days, sometimes they will pop up after that. If that doesn't work just continue on and he might randomly show up in future quests.

• Level   8

Also look in the same place you hired him he might have gone back.

• Level   6

If you wait long enough, a little message will appear at the top of your screen that says that your follower has tired of waiting and has returned home. Then you can go back to where you found them.

The System Has Failed

• Level   8

I usually find fast travelling brings them back

• Level   6

D3spair FacToR

I hired Teldryn Sero from the Retching Netch at Raven Rock, I let him hold a bunch of stuff and I started out for the hills of Solstheim, and I looked back and he wasnt following me, so I searched where I hired him and he's never there, any idea how to get him back?

I did too, and Teldryn Sero is the best follower I've ever had -- he is one TOUGH fighter!!!   I've lost him several times due to the way the game artificial intelligence (AI) works. In caverns, if I get too far ahead of him around curves, corners or obstacles, the game AI has him attempt the shortest straight line path to my location. Unfortunately, that means he will remain stuck trying to plow right through a wall. This doesn't seem to happen outside, where he will eventually catch up by taking a roundabout route. But, when I lose him indoors, I have to backtrack until I find him.  I've also lost him during battles when there are 3 of us (me, Teldryn, and a game NPC). As the fireballs fly and the swords flail, he will sometimes accidentally attack the other good guy. That leads to a fight between them that I cannot halt, and he gets killed by the good NPC. His body can be hard to find because sometimes he's just an unnamed ash pile -- I realize it's him only when I see the weapons and armor in the pile. When that happens, I have to reload a previous save and then have him "wait here" at some safe location until the battle is won without him.

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

• Level   1

Is there a way to force an NPC to return to their original position? I've already lost Mjoll the Loiness (before Dragonborn came out) and I recently lost the housecarl you get from Riften (I think her name is Iona or something).

• Level   6

I like Frea from the skall village.

The System Has Failed

• Level   1

Me too.

• Level   7

Usually fast traveling brings all my followers back to me. I've tried waiting for them but that doesn't seem to work unless you just stand there and let the clock run. Try not to outrun them or as has been said, they will get stuck trying to find a straight line back to you. I have also noticed that if I have to do anything special, ie: jump to get up a mountain or over a wall, they will almost always get stuck and take off on some other route.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!