Riding Dragons achievment quest. Spolier?

• Level   5
    Does the first ride when you beat the main mission count. Can you flybin skrim. Do i have to ridie those 5 drajons on the island fir the achievement?
    • Level   5

English is either not your first language or you have problems.

-

Anyway, once you unlock the third word for "Bend Will" you can tame and ride dragons anywhere in the game (but probably not that skeletal dragon or alduin from the main quest line)

• Level   6

Yeah, after learning all 3 words for the shout, I just went back over to Skyrim and visited the various dragon lairs shown on the map. Got several dragon rides and the achievement unlocked.  There are always plenty of dragons to be had.

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

• Level   8

I rode my first dragon last night. I was in the college for spells so I trekked up to Mount Anthor and demanded a ride from the frost dragon in residence. The wiki says you can't ride the skeleton dragon (but it's inside anyway), Parthenaax  or Alduin.

I am the cat who walks by herself  

• Level   8

Just a note though, Riding the same Dragon does not count. This can be very easily done by mistake if you keep encountering the same Dragon in even different Locations. The best bet is to quickly "turn" on your ride and attack them before they can fly off. Kill that Dragon off so you don't ride it again in the future.

It must be all separate Dragons. So more then likely if you ride a Blood Dragon around get off and later encounter another Blood Dragon (even at another Location) it is probably the same Dragon and will not count towards the Achievement. This is not meant to say all Blood Dragons are the same exact Blood Dragon, just more then likely if the one from prior is still alive, it can be the same Blood Dragon from earlier.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   7

I haven't found the last two words for that shout. Just curious, how long can you ride a dragon before it turns on you, if it does? Are the controls easy to use? How high can you fly? Lol I really need to finish the Dragonborn quests.

Where is the quote button?

• Level   6

It seemed to me that the rides were canned -- that is, I really had no control over the dragon. I could cast magic spells, and I could control when the dragon would shoot flames. But my attempts to fly somewhere were always defeated by the dragon just circling a canned area.  When I wanted to stop, I'd press the green button, dragon would acknowledge and then land. None of them attacked me when I finished the ride, I was able to peacefully walk away.  Did anyone else figure out how to fly to a distant location?

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research.

• Level   7

You can only fast travel to places while on a dragon. The time before the dragon actually turns on you seems to vary for me. I think it also depends on how long you actually ride the dragon too but seems to be close to 2 minutes.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   7

So you can't divebomb WhiteRun or Solitude if you choose to? Wow can't tell you how lame that is LOL. Guess I won't be in that big a hurry to get that third word then.

Where is the quote button?

• Level   7

Plus, idk if its a part of using the shout, after riding the dragons then killin them they don't dissolve either. I know it was a glitch awhile ago, but I thought they patched it. Only 1 dragon I rode actually dissolved and it was a blood dragon, the rest were ancient dragons, so maybe that has something to do with it.

what in sam hell is a puma?

• Level   7

OldPepsiMan
    Did anyone else figure out how to fly to a distant location?

You can still open your Map and Fast Travel. They go into their "flight pattern" from there.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   9

I was disappointed that I didn't control the flight.

Also, you CAN dismount and kill a dragon while it's tamed, getting the soul and all. I've done it.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   5

i have done this also.......and i was pretty bummed i couldnt control the dragon..........but whatever

You can tap or let it snap!