Kinect voice command shouts not working.

• Level   2

I recently got a Kinect sensor and found out that skyrim was voice enabled. All of the menu commands work fine but none of the shouts will work in english or dragon. Sometimes it will give me the try again message other times it wont even reconize that i have said anything. I have seen the shouts work with all dlc except the new dragonborn dlc, which i have. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it. Also if this is a problem with the dlc is there a patch coming out soon?

• Level   9

Skyrim was the main factor that got me to buying the kinect, but I've never been able to get it working right.

As for the kinect commands on the new shouts, that's because every shout is individually programmed into the voice functions, and the kinect programming didn't factor in the DLC.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   2

It isn't just the new shouts, it wont let me use any shouts

• Level   6

So you guys actually sit there and yell at your TV screens?

The System Has Failed

• Level   2

you don't have to yell, just speaking in a normal voice works, but I think it would be fun to yell fus ro dah. but you can just say the name of the shout and it is supposed to work too

• Level   9

Fus Ro Dah works better when you really shout.

My roomate was talking on his phone near the tv one day while I was playing. I totally forgot the kinect stuff was active, and he shouted something into his phone and the game registered it as me Fus Ro Dah-ing.

Totally hilarious, AND saved me at the perfect time too.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

if your using shouts in the dragon language (like Fus Ro Dah) you need to hold in RB (a  picture of a dragon will come up in top right corner) but to shout in english just say the words (like Unrelenting Force)

• Level   1

Having the exact problem at the moment.  *** anyone!

• Level   1

I recently tried using the commands again too. It wasn't working at all at first, and now inventory commands and map commands work great. The problems are with the follower commands (which say "try again" every time) and the shout commands (which won't work at all). I don't know why the shouts stopped working, they used to always work. Now it doesn't even register me speaking in English or Dragon. No idea what the problem is. No, I haven't tried quickloads or quicksaves as I wish to revisit my level 22 quicksaves from ages ago. Haven't tried hot keys either, that's next. :/ I turned them back on to help me find Aela (dunno where she went) and shouting and both those don't work :( so I guess back to playing quietly until I get it figured out.

• Level   7

One thing you might try. Go into the Kinect sensor settings and fine tune the voice commands. Realize that some days our voice is clear and precise while other days we have just a bit of difference. Keep very quiet while doing the sensor as it will hear "all" the background noise also and this is not a good thing.

...Angelus ignem tenebris blue... Semper Fi! Semper Cautus!

Texas Expedition.

Retired Sailor, growing up backwards! Not here to offend anyone!

• Level   1

just recalibrate your kinect thats what i did and it worked perfect