Skyrim Horses

• Level   6

We all know that horses are confirmed in Skyrim, but does anyone know if fighting from horseback is featured in Skyrim? Or will they just be a means of transport, as in Oblivion.

"Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour" Emperor Uriel Septim VII

• Level   5

Till told otherwise, I'm assuming horses are travel-only mounts

• Level   8

Yeah I'm pretty sure they confirmed that there will be no mounted combat

Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

• Level   5

Yes it is 100% confirmed there's no mounted combat. Also confirmed you can't ride dragons. Other mounts are still up in the air.

Sometimes it seems the going is just too rough, and things go wrong no matter what I do. Now and then it seems that life is just too much, but you've got the love I need to see me through.

• Level   6

Ahh right. Taming dragons was my next question lol. Shame seen as though you're a dragon-born.

Maybe some means of interaction with a dragon will be released as DLC at a later date.

"Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour" Emperor Uriel Septim VII

• Level   5

No. No Dragon riding. Ever. Leave it to the modders. It's best there. Aside from it not making lore sense, being OP, and the fact that Bethesda's version of it would probably suck, it's just better handled by modders.

Sometimes it seems the going is just too rough, and things go wrong no matter what I do. Now and then it seems that life is just too much, but you've got the love I need to see me through.

• Level   5

I don't expect the developers to put as much effort into the horseriding as, say, Red Dead Redemption, but from the gameplay I've seen so far it seems a bit clunky.

Anyone else noticed that?

I don't think I'll spend much time on a horse anyway, just my 2 cents.

4 months to go!

No må du pinadø skjerpe dæ, din kommelpong.

• Level   3

Horses are there for show. Thats all they were in Oblivion as well. I'm more of a travel by foot kind of guy any who. I like to explore the wilderness to much to either ride past or even fast travel by it.

~ Happily Married 12/19/12 ~

• Level   2

I want to just run on all fours...

[quote user="Mafia Merc Mike"]:D I love you…You get me.[/quote]