No sound?

• Level   4

Last night while I was playing some mp, the sound glitched out. Does anyone realize how annoying and hard it is to play a shooter with no sound what so ever...So after finishing the round and waiting to see if it fixed itself when the next round started, which it didn't so I decided well I'm not playing mp tonight, so lets do some single player, to my surprise the single player campaigns sound was glitched out as well....wtf? Now today I played a few rounds of mp and no problems except some occasional lag which i can overlook ( for now), but the sound worked the whole time. 

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, do you know of any fixes?

• Level   5

I can tell you playing BF3,,and only that game, my sound glitches out also. It did this on my old white 360 (BC ) and the newer slim on BF3...

I used to reset the xbox until for the heck of it I just turned the TV on and off..and that fixed it...I remember reading something about the HDMi handshake between the 2 devices.

• Level   4

its wasn't an hdmi issue, i was able to play bf3 no problem after i turned off GRFS i played some BF3 just to make sure it wasnt my tv or system, that game worked fine. So i put GRFS back in and it started to work properly for around 30 sec. then glitched again.

• Level   5

Huh...well, then the only thing I got left is F UBI!..(hope you get it worked out)

• Level   1

I also have this problem, I only have sound when we win..... Very annoying

• Level   3

Yeah I know eh ! That was so weird last night ! :S

Christian

Peace & Love

• Level   2

Same here playing at the moment with no sound on multiplayer its fine on SP and guerilla mode

Reset Xbox and tried turning tv on off no diff mud be a prob at their end

• Level   6

ive had it in 3 games today, the sound just completely goes, resetting the box clearing the cache does nothing to fix the problem.

I finished the 3rd game with no sound an when it loaded back to the lobby the sound came back, ive read that UBI are aware of the sound issue an that its been sorted with the next patch :)

Fingers crossed as its a pain when it happens :(

Icyironside "look at the kill cam it has a red arrow above your guy now watch people track you through walls" Fail of the year! lmao

• Level   9

I had the same issue with the sound.

Clearting the 360's system cache did the trick. Everything has been fine since I did it a few weeks ago.

Keep in mind that you'll be prompted again to download the update and upgrade to the "Enhanced Audio Experience"

• Level   9

MOOB N DROOB

ive had it in 3 games today, the sound just completely goes, resetting the box clearing the cache does nothing to fix the problem.

I finished the 3rd game with no sound an when it loaded back to the lobby the sound came back, ive read that UBI are aware of the sound issue an that its been sorted with the next patch :)

Fingers crossed as its a pain when it happens :(

The cache clearing worked for me. I do not however have the game installed to my HDD.

Is your game installed? Maybe uninstall and try again.

The post that said playing MP with no sound sucks is right on. Its unplayable without any sound IMO.

• Level   6

Yeah bird i have mine installed to HD  m8, i do with all my games :)

Its all running fine now, those 3 games where the first time i had it happen although i had read other members having the same problem at one point.

Its all good thou dude :) love the game a couple of glitchs here an there are ok as long as they aint every game lol

Icyironside "look at the kill cam it has a red arrow above your guy now watch people track you through walls" Fail of the year! lmao

• Level   7

I think its another game issue and clearing the cache etc is just a coincidence. At the end of a round i hear a "pop" then all the game sounds are gone for the remaining time im on but the music at the end and beginning of each round is still there. Quitting back to homescreen and restarting game seeems to work for me. This issue is too widespread to be anything other than another bloody game bug. BF3 had it but at least they admitted to it and fixed it UBI seem to say nothing , its very annoying!!

i got so ticked off last night i played black ops!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i would have played BF3 but i have a 2.6 gig patch needs downloading that id totally forgot was coming out)

• Level   2

just for reference, I originally had installed the sound pack when playing the game the first time, after i finished, i went to install the game to the hard drive. maybe it was loading the sound files off of both the cache and the hard drive at the same time? i just decided to search for this issue as well, and found this topic, cleared cache, and i'm about to play more. i'll update if it works ;)

• Level   2

seems to have worked!!

• Level   3

Happened to me first time ever tonight. Ubi needs to patch this up for real. I'm offline now hope it does not happen next time I log on.