This question has suggested answer(s)

Flash player for Internet Explorer for xbox 360.

• Level   4

I believe microsoft should consider adding flash player so that xbox live gold users can play facebook games and watch videos etc.

All Replies
    • Level   4

Hello,

This really isn't a support inquiry, it's more so feedback. Please post it in the feedback section here.

Thanks. 

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Adobe makes Flash Player not Microsoft, they only make Flash for PC's and Macs, they don't make it for anything else anymore.

2009 Fall Update Beta Tester.

2011 Fall Update Beta Tester.

2012 Fall Update Beta Tester.

2013 Spring Update Beta Tester.

Xbox Ambassador

• Level   1

thay should of thought it would be needed

• Level   3

Only PC, Macs and Linux uses Flash Player nothing else.

The PS3's Flash support has not been updated since released and PS4 will never have flash support.

Android Phones have Flash, but they never get updated aswell.

Flash is getting phased out in support of HTML5 anyway.

It doesn't matter if is needed or not, Adobe would not make it for it anyway.

2009 Fall Update Beta Tester.

2011 Fall Update Beta Tester.

2012 Fall Update Beta Tester.

2013 Spring Update Beta Tester.

Xbox Ambassador

• Level   2

they really should have why didnt microsoft think of that. What happened was they wanted to be *** and puroposesly not add it.

• Level   2

but all respect to aWilliam Gates he is getting that paper

• Level   2

Damn it would be amazing to have Adobe flash on Internet Explorer.

• Level   1

they should realease an updat that would let the user do the same web browsing as the ps3

• Level   8

Razzii Prince

they should realease an updat that would let the user do the same web browsing as the ps3

Same browsing as the PS3?  I'd rather not if it's all the same with you.  Websites crashing and Flash video not looking very nice because it's version of Flash is so old that it can't do HD.

The only reason the PS3 has Flash is because it was still being suported by Adobe back then and was built into the console.  Flash on the PS3 hasn't been updated for about 4 years.  I'm pretty sure it's only version 9, while the PC and MAC is version 11.4.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   2

updated or not...we need the flash pl. /i watch on ps3 my mobile tv player or youtube and i want to do the same on my xbox360 whit my gold membership . i pay for it.

• Level   2

right so ,good speek

• Level   2

my ps3 is 1 1/2 year old but the flash pl. is only ca.6months old. bevor i haven't.

• Level   2

well then ask the correct people ADOBE as they are the only people who make it legally

adobe already said NO more flash for non PCs

want them to change their minds ask your websites to code for non pc cpus (good luck with that one) as flash games were built for pcs (if you look at the requirements of the game)

ps3 tends to crash on apps from facebook want proof? ask facebook why the facebook app doesn't run games (FLASH doesn't work well on non pcs)

even facebook is requiring all new games to be coded in html5 so it will be universal friendly

being universal makes sense rather then targeting pcs only doesn't it?

videos tend to crash if it is a heavy load

your best bet is actually to ask your website to update their server software to the LATEST adobe software or upto html5

html5 is easier

the latest adobe software will detect mobiles and html5 browsers and convert to html5

• Level   1

why in the hell did they put the explorer on the xbox!?..i mean you cant watch videos smh, pointless!

• Level   2

Hell yeah !! but i think microsoft is going to bring somethin like a flashplayer app or kind like that out.

looking forward to it ;D