Pop-up Blocker Please

• Level   2

I just tried out IE on the Xbox for the first time. Everything went better than expected and I consider the app to be a solid foundation. However, there are a few things I would like to see added. First and foremost I really think the app needs a pop-up blocker. There are always those greedy sites that spam you with pop-ups and these can make navigating those sites impossible on IE for Xbox. I could see this as having two options. On or Off. :D When turned on, having to hold a button (maybe RB or LB) and then clicking to open the pop-up. An even better option might just be having to double click to open the pop-up.

Some other options I would like to see added are the Tracking Protection from IE9 and maybe even the InPrivate browsing. I think these would help provide a more secure browsing environment.

One other note regarding my first browsing experience is sluggish performance when large numbers of images are on the screen. The sites I noticed this were Youtube and Facebook. In regards to Youtube, turning on their HTML5 support worked surprisingly well for playing videos and I can't wait for more sites to switch their video players over from Flash.

• Level   1

Ya no doubt. Its nice to have a web browser on the xbox finally but would be even better if I could actually watch compatable web videos without getting spammed by a million popups.

• Level   1

I would love to stream shows through my Xbox but whenever I find a show, there is a pop up and I can't start the movie without it popping up.  Has anyone found a way around this??

• Level   2

Okay, I INSANELY agree with a pop-up blocker! xD.

>Insert signature here<
    • Level   1

POP UP BLOCKER NOW!

• Level   1

AGREED!! At least allow an option to close the popups. Cuz if you press back, all it does it reload the damn popups!!

• Level   1

Agreed this needs to be added asap

• Level   1

I was trying to watch a football match and the option to close popups doesnt exist.. how can this be possible.. or even if opens a new page i cant close it like would be normal to do.. This doesnt seems Microsoft lol. So at this moment i cant fully use my console because of this bug in internet explorer and im paying for a service, so do it well -.-'

• Level   1

XBOX 360 recently allowed IE browser to be used on the console. I am trying to watch NBC online from http://nbc.com and watch some episodes of 30 Rock.  The web page says it needs the Flash plug in. I try downloading it from http://adobe.com but it shows a blank screen.

Does Microsoft block the download?

Is the IE version used on Xbox 360 not compatible with Flash plugin?  

Is it a block to stop viewers from watching episodes on Xbox 360?

Does anyone have any methods to watch episodes of broadcast content on Xbox 360 using IE on the console browser?  

Or is the browser limited not a fully qualified version, web peer to be used on Xbox 360.

• Level   1

I do not have Xfinity internet, but I have the cable, so when I try and use the xfinity app I am not able to log in. Thus I tried to watch xfinity through the internet explorer, just to find that there is no video when click on a show ect. Additionally, when trying to watch something from a streaming site, popups are annoyingly interrupting the page. I would suggest that the popups occur in a separate window or not at all.

• Level   1

There are a few tv shows that you can watch in xbox ie at www.cucirca.com but most of them will spam you with pop ups, nothing can be downloaded at all which is the only security we have right now, I surpose thats ok because there are a lot of nasty worms out there that come from videos and other things that require dl and also there are sites such as utorrent where you can get pretty much anything you want for free just by dl which is illegal most of the time. Unrelated lol at the time it says I posted ^ it`s an hour fast