No Audio with Netflix

• Level   4

Ok Im sure theres another thread here about this but I can find it.

I have no audio when I try to watch a Netflix movie/show.  This is not 100% of the time, it happens 75% of the time though.  It is very frustrating.

I have no other issues with games on the 360 at all! 

When this does happen I loose all audio until a back out of the Netflix app and go back to the dashboard and restart the Netflix app.  which makes no sense.  Im using a high quality fibre optic cable from my 360 direct to an Onkyo receiver, I also have the exact same issue with my TV which audio is running into that via a high quality HDMI.  All cables are Monster Cable, the HDMI is capable of handling alot of data.

I have a solid 5.5 meg downstream rate as well.  I have no issues running Netflix on my PC with audio or anything else.

Any help would be appreciated

• Level   1

Have you tried going into the xbox sound settings menu and trying a different option?

Go to the the settings tab -> System -> console settings -> Audio -> Digital Output.

You can select between 3 different options here. Try different options to see if you can find one that works properly.

• Level   4

That doesnt make any sense to me.

I have audio with about 8 out of 10 movies on Netflix.  I cant see haow changing any settings will make a difference.

I watched a movie today with no audio issues.  Tried another and it didnt work???? WTF???!!!

• Level   4

Oh and BTW thanks for the input on this Microsoft...............

• Level   5

ST6 Liquid

That doesnt make any sense to me.

I have audio with about 8 out of 10 movies on Netflix.  I cant see haow changing any settings will make a difference.

I watched a movie today with no audio issues.  Tried another and it didnt work???? WTF???!!!

Some films on netflix have 5.1 sound. Some don't. Which is why you might hear sound on some and not on others.

That's why changing sound settings might make a difference.

In my case I have to switch it to digital stereo for sound to work properly otherwise I get the sound out of sync.

• Level   4

There's a possibility that the movie could be corrupted. I have had a couple of movies that wouldn't even start. You will have to call Netflix and report the problem. It only takes a couple of days for them to fix the problem.

• Level   4

Then why can I watch the same movie on my pc or iphone and it works???  I think its a Microsoft issue

• Level   5

Maybe there is a problem with your xbox.

I never have problems with netflix on xbox and I use it a lot

• Level   4

Have zero other issues with audio.

• Level   1

I have the same issue, any fix for this ?

• Level   1

Hi - I have this issue from time to time - I think it's something to do with a combination of my Onkyo receiver and the xbox.  When I open netflix, I lose sound but when I change inputs on the receiver and then go back to the one attached to my xbox, it works again.  Here's how I get round it:

The issue seems to coincide with a glitch on the screen - I normally notice it when an episode has got to about 70% loading - and when that happens the sound drops off and doesn't come back.  The only problem is when you change inputs to get the sound back, it also means you have to re-load the film/episode and then the glitch happens again and you get stuck in a vicious circle (which in my case involves shouting at the TV and storming out of the room.)

I realised that the times this was occuring, I'd selected the netflix app and then flicked back to the TV when I was waiting for it to load.  If you wait for it to load (and see the netflix logo etc) I think the glitch occurs then - so you can just change inputs once on the menu screen comes up and it doesn't happen again.

• Level   1

I have the same problem, on netflix if the movie is not 5.1 NO sound. change the settings on xbox to didgital stereo no sound at all. Pioneer says i have a bad xbox, and xbox says i have a bad reciever. What a bunch of ***!! Best solution?? cancell netflix, cause everthing else works just fine.

• Level   1

Same problem.  Pioneer receiver.  I also notice that if my xbox turns on before the receiver that I have no sound at all until I reboot my xbox.  I am connected via HDMI only.  I think it is an xbox issue (or netflix) as it seems to happen across different receivers.  It would be nice if it could get fixed.

• Level   1

I have the same problem.  I have a Pioneer receiver with 4 HDMI inputs.  If the Netfix video has Dolby 5.1 audio, then I get sound.  If it only has a stereo audio track, then no sound.  If the video has both tracks, then only the 5.1 track has sound.  I went into the system settings for my Xbox, and changed the digital audio settings.  Stereo does not produce any sound on the Xbox.  The two 5.1 settings do produce sound on the Xbox.

It looks like the Xbox will not produce plan 2 channel stereo out of the HDMI cable.

I hooked up the adapter on the Xbox that has the optical out cable.  If I connect the Xbox to the Pioneer receiver with HDMI for the video and the optical cable for the audio, then I get sound for 5.1 and 2 channel stereo.  This is not the best workaround, but it does work for my receiver and TV combination.

• Level   1

Even if a Netflix program shows 5.1 I only get stereo output. If this continues I will just cancel Netflix (when the free trial ends) and stick with blurays.