Smart glass wont connect

• Level   1

i keep having a problem with xbox smart glass not connecting to my xbox. it signs in and connects to xbox but wont sync with my xbox. i check my settings and smart glass is on in the settings. and i tried my phone/app with my friends xbox as well and it does the same time. yes i am using wifi, and yes my phone is supported by the app. i have the HTC Vivid....i would like to know why this is happening this is really disappointing i was looking forward to this app for a while...

• Level   1

Same here. Unable to locate my console. All of my settings are correct.

2k Fix Your Servers

• Level   1

Same thing here.  Galaxy Nexus 4.1.2.

• Level   1

I found a solution.  Try connecting through 3G/4G first.  For some reason, it wouldn't connect when my phone was using Wifi but it did on 3G.  Now it works on both.

• Level   1

I can't connect either, Im on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I tried on wifi and 4g, still unable to find the xbox. All the settings on my console are correct.

[FaQ] mofo!
    • Level   1

Same here I'm using a IPad 2 with my Xbox on the same WIFI and it won't even connect with my Xbox. I want to find a solution to this madness

• Level   X

@dark eg kiilla, are you able to use safari on the same ipad2 to sign into www.xbox.com using the same email/password that you are using in the smartglass app?  When you sign into the SmartGlass app on your ipad2, can you hit the "skip" button and go to the "social" page and see your avatar and correct account info? (just want to rule out any account issues first)  Then triple check that the connected devices settings under console in systems settings are enabled.  Finally, power off the xbox and if it's not too big of a hassle, power cycle your wifi router as well.  Just trying to rule out some issues that people (including myself) have run into.  Thx

• Level   1

I'm having same issues with connecting to my Xbox 360 with my Moto Droid Razr 4.0.4. The console settings are set to smartglass, but when trying to connect with my phone keep getting try again or need to turn on console, or go to settings set to smartglass, etc.

• Level   1

Same here. Unable to locate my console. All of my settings are correct.

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem. The settings are enabled on the console, I'm logged in on the console, logged in on the app (to where I can view xbox live messages on the smartglass app), but when I try to connect to the console from the phone, it tries and then sends me to the cannot connect (try again/cancel) screen. Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch.

• Level   1

Same...all settings are good, smartglass on, showing xbox live details on my smartphone...but can't find console!  Using Samsung Galaxy s3

• Level   1

This worked for me. It simply refused to connect while I had my WiFi on, but the instant I turned it off and used the 4G network it connected without hesitation or problems. Thanks.

• Level   1

Yeah i can't connect either tried using 4g tried using wifi with the correct settings my guess is that the problem is server overload.

• Level   X

@Hawkeye205066, are you trying to connect to an Xbox One or Xbox 360 console?  There is a separate SmartGlass app per console.  Take a look at xbox.com/smartglass for links to the apps.  Thanks

• Level   1

These fixes haven't worked for me.  I am running Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S3.  The xbox one console is on, SmartGlass searches, and can't find the console.  So, I enter the IP address manually.  SmartGlass says exactly, "We can't connect to your console right now."  What?? How about give me a reason why, or a way to fix it, instead of just telling me a direct statement with no fix.  This is frustrating.