ipad and xbox on same network

smartglass app and xbox both logged into same user account

xbox>console settings>connected devices> all on

• I have tried turning off and then turning back on

App deleted and reinstalled

xbox live connected

• logged out and logged back in

app settings all activated.

***That being said, the xbox logo is continually circling and all it says is "connecting to xbox." The problem is that it never does. The iPad won't syn with the xbox.

However, the app will log into my user. So i can see things like previously viewed or used apps, my user account, my friends, etc. I just cannot get it to control my xbox. So frustrating because everyone else seems to be able to get it to connect just fine. arg! Help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope!

• Level   1

same problem here.  thoughts? solutions?

• Level   1

Same here with the iPad, too!

• Level   4

My best idea is to make a lot of fuss till they release some updates I suppose

• Level   1

Same problem my friends ! ! !

Test on my Samsung Galaxy S3  and iPad

• Level   1

I have the exact same problem on both my ipad 2 and my Htc One V phone.

• Level   2

same problem for me on iPhone 5. it will log in just fine, but will not connect to my xbox. icon just animates continuously. i have it enabled on xbox and i'm sitting right here beside it. just won't connect to xbox. i'm sad.

• Level   5

Not a problem for me on iPad. If its any consolation you're not missing much.

• Level   1

if you try to connect using 3G it works. So connect using 3g, and then switch to wifi. It just won't connect through wifi for some reason. I read some android users had the same problem, and sometimes resetting the app's cache would solve the issue. Unfortunately, we cannot reset iphone/ipad apps.

• Level   4

LashedPompano

if you try to connect using 3G it works. So connect using 3g, and then switch to wifi. It just won't connect through wifi for some reason. I read some android users had the same problem, and sometimes resetting the app's cache would solve the issue. Unfortunately, we cannot reset iphone/ipad apps.

Gave it a shot on my iPhone 4. It seemed like it was almost about to work. My xbox recognized that I had logged in with smart glass for half a second, and then it dropped me again. Unfortunately I only have a wifi iPad 2, so I can't test that theory out there.

• Level   1

Hmmm I got the same problem.  Should have called it painintheglass.  I have an iPad 2 non 3G I will try it on my iPod touch and see.

• Level   1

Me too dude!!!!!!

Haha painintheglass......

• Level   1

Same problem here....

I was able to connect over 3G and then switch to wifi which did work, but then after checking some emails for a few minutes  I went back to the dumbglass app and had the same problem again...  

• Level   1

I am also having trouble with my iPhone 4. Just hangs on "Connecting to xbox". I can sign in to app no problem.

• Level   1

Doesn't work for me neither on my local network with the iPad or the iPhone BUT if I disable wi-fi on the iPhone and try with 3G it does work.

But I want to use it on the iPad and with the local network speed. What is going on?