Ambassabank App

• Level   1
    This idea popped into my head last night. Basically, not everyone has access to a PC but most people have access to a mobile device with Internet on it. So I propose to make it easier for us to gain XP, microsoft should make an app which allows us more access and the ability to help more customers quicker and more efficiently.
    • Level   3

I rather not.  It might get abused, but not sure.

Former Xbox Ambassador.    No plans to return being one.

• Level   8

Or you could just help without thinking of earning XP.

-

If it is important to you then use your mobile device's browser to access the support boards forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx and help there. You get Ambassador XP when you receive a Verified answer.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

Fair enough! My phone can't support the forums... And i forgot to add the helping of people in aswell...

• Level   8

I find it hard to believe that if you have a\ phone capable of running apps that the forum wont work in its browser.

-

My phone is an old iPhone 3G and, baring no text formatting options in rich formatting, runs the forum without issue. I also have a Samsung Europa, an old Android based phone, and the default browser lets me use the forum on it as well.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   1

I Have the old Iphone 1... Doesn't allow me to run it? Its broken and I'm getting a new one in april... But still... It would be helpful.

• Level   3

voteDC

I find it hard to believe that if you have a\ phone capable of running apps that the forum wont work in its browser.

-

My phone is an old iPhone 3G and, baring no text formatting options in rich formatting, runs the forum without issue. I also have a Samsung Europa, an old Android based phone, and the default browser lets me use the forum on it as well.

It is only recently that the forums starting working again on mobile devices.

When the forum software was updated a couple of years ago, it would not work on a mobile browser (I use an iPhone with the default Safari browser) because it would get stuck in an infinite loop when trying to log in. Over the past 6 months or so, they've been working on the mobile site, and the last thing to come back online was the forums.

• Level   8

There is no mobile version of the forum. Thanks for the info about the log-in issue though.

-

Still as it is all working now there is no need for an app.

• Level   7

I have a Galaxy mini that isn't very good. It's a low-end smart phone and the forums work on it, surprisingly. I haven't tried the Ambassabank though.

Ahhh, the sweet smell of pigskin is in the air. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!

@1brandiesel

• Level   3

I guess I wasn't clear about which version I was talking about. MS put up a bare bones mobile site up around a year ago and they started adding some decent functionality over the past 6 months. Even while this was goin on, the forums remained inaccessible at forums.xbox.com until recently because of the log-in issue I described above.

• Level   4

I had ambassador in my text chat window, trust me it gets pretty annoying, so you would not want it pinging on your xbox screen.

Still not ginger.

• Level   1

Honestly it would be nice to have an ambassabank app for mobile, seeing as my computer died a while back and I stopped doing ambassador duties because I was essentially dead in the water :(