Obama ad on Xbox Live Dashboard

• Level   2

On the Dashboard, if you go to Home and look in the most bottom right square, there's an Obama campaign ad. Why are there political ads on Xbox Live now? That just seems way off topic and unnecessary. At least also have a Romney ad on there too to be fair, otherwise MS is shoving liberal bias down our throats on a GAMING NETWORK. People of all political affiliations should agree that this is appalling. Politics don't belong on Xbox Live.

Human After All
    • Level   4

I just ignore the ads. They really don't bother me.

• Level   1

I don't turn on my Xbox to play the game I choose to get political advertisements.  I pay for live, the games and all the other services with my own money and you don't let the ads get turned off. Now your shoving political garbage in my face.  YOU NEED TO HAVE A DISABLE ADVERTISEMENTS FOR THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!  THIS IS CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT. STOP BEING CHEAP AND FORCING ADS ON PAYING CUSTOMERS, ESPECIALLY POLITICAL ADS!  There are ways apparently of blocking them via outside sources to let everyone know and I will now be using it. PS it speeds up your dashboard too. [Mod Removed] MICROSOFT TEAM! By the way DaftLink I'm upset about it too. :P

• Level   3

Look on the bright side, you aren't forced to watch the 'ads' like on YouTube and the money they make goes towards making Xbox LIVE a better service. It's win win.

• Level   1

Yeah but the whole ad thing is pretty damn annoying.  Don't they get enough money from subscriptions?  

• Level   3

Yeah they do but it can't be that bad. I'm not sure about USA because I live in UK but in the UK the ad only plays if we move the Analog Stick over it so just avoid doing that :)

• Level   3

Plus think of all the improvements they are making this year... they gotta get the money from somewhere.

• Level   1

Was the ad one of those small ones in the bottom right? If it was, that isn't the exact definition of "shoving liberal bias down our throats" because you don't have to watch it.

• Level   1

ITS JUST A FACT THAT THEY ARE PUTTING ADS ON LIVE TO BEGIN WITH. I'm sure you would like to wear every shirt you purchase with a huge McDonalds logo on it. This is the same thing. You are paying for a service but you are getting ads placed right on the screen that are causing issues with the system.  Republican or Democrat I don't care who the ad is for, it could be a purple dog ad and it doesn't belong. There aren't any of those ads on their website that are in the advertisement corner. See the issue now. Website is a free service to us with no ads like on live and  live is a paid service with garbage ads in general that are making the service slooooooooowwwwww.

• Level   4

There are ads for both candidates, but the OP is only mad about the one for the President. So, it's not really the presence of the ad, it's who it's for that upsets him.  Politics and profit aside, putting ads for political candidates on Xbox Live is a good thing.   The more people who vote, the more representative of our country our governement will be.  One huge problem we have is that most of our decisions are made by the people in power to benefit themselves and those that put them there.  We need more young people voting and Xbox Live sounds like a good place to reach them.

Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP according to Netflix.

• Level   1

Politics and ads of any type don't belong on a service we pay for and I'm really sure the 10 year old I wind up getting stuck with in game is going to be out their voting.  This service is for playing games not ads of any type. PERIOD!

• Level   5

Wraith.  You know that inculed TV  u know. And united states nothing isw spounder by the goverment. So they haved to make to money. even you pay for it doesn't means there no ad's. Look at you mgas. There is ad's. Watch some TV on sat or cable. There is ad's on it.  almost every tv station in USA haved ad's in it. Olny one's don't is station like HBO.

• Level   4

I agree with whatever he was trying to say.

Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP according to Netflix.

• Level   7

Dakrkplayer2

Wraith.  You know that inculed TV  u know. And united states nothing isw spounder by the goverment. So they haved to make to money. even you pay for it doesn't means there no ad's. Look at you mgas. There is ad's. Watch some TV on sat or cable. There is ad's on it.  almost every tv station in USA haved ad's in it. Olny one's don't is station like HBO.

There is a difference. Those tv shows that you watch have ads every 5 minutes because the people that advertise spend a lot of money to do so, especially during popular shows. That's what keeps them stations on air. Popular show = lots of people watching = paying Fox, ABC etc to advertise = station can stay on air.

HBO doesn't have them because we pay for that channel separately.

When I turn my tv on, it doesn't load slowly because of the ads.

Just because they are in a magazine or on tv doesn't mean they have to be on our dashboard slowing it down.

I voted for Obama, but I don't think there is room for political ads on the dash. There are a million other ways to get that out there. Heck, the average age of gamers are older than young kids anyway. 

I put my game in and play, but on the rare occasion that I want to navigate the dash because after all I pay for it, I hate it being super slow. 

Ahhh, the sweet smell of pigskin is in the air. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!   5-1 after destroying the Giants in every way possible.

@1brandiesel

• Level   5

I think it the infostructuer we have in this country that pass been high speed internet. In the united states most poeple. the highiest if 1.5 megs. And all this 50meg connection is not out in the mass. And it slowing down loading speed on the console. And also it has to do that XBOX 360 is so outdated in the RAM and CPU dpartment. That it also slowing down the console. That why KINECT doesn't work it should of. Becoues the tech spices of the console is holding it back. And if I was MS. I would haved KINECT as part of XBOX 720 and not XBOX 360. Becoues it would gearentee it will work as should be working. So we have deal with thoese slow downs until 720 get out the gate. And romors say it next year. if so. I get it in 2014. When they go all the bugs and kincks out. And also romors haved it the multimedia will haved it owned cpu. So it will cut the slow down in half.