Install Flash Player in the Internet Explorer Xbox app

• Level   1

Half the fun of browsing the internet is watching videos. So imagine the disappointment of many people to discover that you can't even do that. That would make people normally go on their computer to do stuff like that, but that kind of defeats the whole object of having it on Xbox then doesn't it?

I know videos on websites that don't use flash player will play just fine on Xbox, but 90% of the videos I have tried to play don't work because of the lack of it. It makes even less sense that you can't watch Youtube videos on Xbox, despite there being a Youtube app for Xbox!

I seriously recommend you make support for flash player, among other plug-ins. It would make the experience of browsing the internet on a console so much more enjoyable. I am honestly dumbfounded as to why you didn't add it in the first place.

Please take all this into account, thankyou.

• Level   8

It isn't up to MS to make support for flash player on the console, that is in Adobe's hands and they won't do it because they are working on something different now.

• Level   1

adobe flash is needed

• Level   1

we need a flash player for XBL

• Level   1

True that. however i totally can name a million reasons why xbox internet cant have flash or things like that. farmville and other company``s games would be one possible reason. But since  im making this comment on my tv using the xbox browser. i still say its pretty rad.

• Level   5

the 1 LAMPface
    But since  im making this comment on my tv using the xbox browser. i still say its pretty rad.

It is still pretty cool that a browser has finaly made, after years of MS saying that it would never happen.  It's still not as 'rad' as my setup. With my PC hooked up to my 32" HDTV, I get a full browsing experience.  Because of that, I don't think I'll use the 360's browser much.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   5

noooooooo the flash virus spread all over the forum ! im glad i live in a bubble so i cant get infected ;)

Art is the expression of LIVE 

• Level   5

And another console web browser failure surfaces, much to my general expectation.  Modified browsers for consoles simply won't allow the necessary plug-ins to be downloaded, and this hasn't changed even remotely; Not on PlayStation 3, Wii, or even PS Vita or 3DS.

• Level   1

Just like Microsoft again a day late and a dollar short or a flash players short I'll stick with my ps3 streaming capabilities.

DmacK
    • Level   1

It may be true that Microsoft isn't actually in charge of applying Adobe Flash to their system, but they WOULD have to be involved in it, and I'm certain they COULD get it done if they wanted to. It's simply a fact that Flash is pretty much a standard on the web these days and not having it is an unforgivable oversight,

I don't want to sound like an "M$ hater," but unfortunately we do have precedent in this area; whatever the reason, Microsoft has not acquired the blu-ray movie play-back license from Sony for Windows despite it being pretty much industry standard these days. (The license can't cost that much; I have a non-Sony blu-ray player that only cost $100. Whatever the license cost is I would gladly pay it to upgrade my Windows to play blu-rays.)

My point is, don't bother crossing your fingers.

• Level   5

Japhasca

It may be true that Microsoft isn't actually in charge of applying Adobe Flash to their system, but they WOULD have to be involved in it, and I'm certain they COULD get it done if they wanted to. It's simply a fact that Flash is pretty much a standard on the web these days and not having it is an unforgivable oversight.

How can they get it 'if they wanted to' when Adobe has said that it is no longer supporting embedded and mobile versions of Flash?  Even if the browser had a download ability, you still couldn't go to the Adobe website and install it, because there isn't a version for the Xbox OS or hardware.

Microsoft's own Windows Phone 7 doesn't have Flash, but it hasn't failed because of it.  Neither has Apple's iOS devices.  My iPad plays videos very well from websites, even though it doesn't have Flash.

I don't want to sound like an "M$ hater," but unfortunately we do have precedent in this area; whatever the reason, Microsoft has not acquired the blu-ray movie play-back license from Sony for Windows despite it being pretty much industry standard these days. (The license can't cost that much; I have a non-Sony blu-ray player that only cost $100. Whatever the license cost is I would gladly pay it to upgrade my Windows to play blu-rays.)

My point is, don't bother crossing your fingers.

You don't need Windows to support Blu-ray natively.  All you need is a Blu-ray drive and Blu-ray video software.  You can play BD's from Windows XP onwards as long as you have the software.  If you buy a retail BD drive (rather then an OEM), they normally have the software included with the unit.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   1

i agree flash player is needed i could get this much internet off my phone but the screen is smaller and actually it seems 2 play more videos its just disapointing 2 see ps3 get better web browsing and they dont even have 2 pay as much thier accounts r free its not fair that we pay 2 be treated like second class 2 ps3

• Level   1

I did not sleep for two days to wait for the update and after seeing the flash player is not on the internet explorer ... what we do without flash on the browser? You can put flash player on xbox market to buy it, if you want to win some extra cash...I'd buy it even for $ 50 or $ 100

• Level   5

awww no sleep cause the update? ;) we wont get flash. no flash> no no no NO flash :)

Art is the expression of LIVE 

• Level   1

I would like it if xbox360 did get adobe flash but sadly it doesnt due to licencing and software. Even if it did wed have some isues that would still stop us.