Can you please bring back Video Kinect to PC?

• Level   4

Video Kinect to PC no longer works since update to Skype.

Video calls to PC was an established (and advertised) functionality on XBOX with Kinect and now it's broken. It would be great to hear some acknowledgement/feedback from Microsoft regarding this issue. I'll renew my gold membership when/if this feature is working again.

João

• Level   2

I used this option allot with the windows live messenger. And it's disappointing that they would remove it and not really let anyone know about it.  I would hope that they bring this back in Skype it seems stupid to switch over to messaging software that specializes in video chat and not have the PC to Kinect video chat available especially when it was an advertised option available on the Xbox Kinect.

• Level   1

Please either bring back Kinect to PC or add Skype to XBL. As a regular user of Video Kinet, I miss the functionality of being able to video chat with non-XBL users. This is the only way my mother can see her granddaughter!

• Level   1

I'm really angry that the functionality isn't available so long time since Microsoft bought Skype. I have Skype app on my TV and was thinking about buying a camera but later when I bought Xbox it would be silly to have two cameras on the TV. So I'm waiting for Microsoft but now it is several months and nothing happens. C'mon Microsoft!

• Level   2

Video Kinect should be able to connect to Skype.  Come on.  This would be a GREAT selling feature!

• Level   1

Thanks MS for making my xbox and Gold membership useless! Guess who will not be renewing.

• Level   2

same i thinking bout not revewing i pay 6 pound moth to go on videokinects to pc every night to my gf who i been with for 6 years and lives 4 hours by train away and then ms do this im pissed off they should hav waited till they completed skype or left it on both

• Level   4

Well, I'm glad this forum is getting at least some user attention. I wonder if any of this ever gets Microsoft's attention though. This all seems to be a big product management fiasco, whether it was intentional from their part, or simply overlooked. I mean, you don't need to be a marketing genius to acknowledge that there is a big market for this functionality. If you are in doubt, look at the existing Skype Cam solutions in the market. There are at least 3 or 4 standalone skype cams out there that are selling very well (Logitech, etc) in the range $200-$300, and that's a market by itself. And that's for the skype cam only. Now imagine, for about the same price the Xbox/Kinect could offer you that and more. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I don't care much about online gaming, and all the Xbox apps are already provided for free by my HDTV. I really have no reason at this point to renew my gold membership, and I'm sure I am not alone. Why in the world Microsoft does not care about this, that puzzles me. Not only they got rid of some good and valuable functionality, but they did it under the table, and with total disrespect for existing users. We should remember that this functionality was (and maybe still is!) advertised as a selling point for the Kinect. Other than that, I love Skype, and that should have been a perfect move, but as it is, it is just making my Xbox a lot less useful. I may well end up going for a standalone skype cam solution for my tv, but I was still hoping to be able to stick with Xbox for that. That functionality alone is worth the gold membership of myself and many others I'm sure. Come on Microsoft, you could be leveraging the Xbox a lot more.

• Level   1

Very disappointed if the XBOX to pc video chat functionality is taken away from us. Like other users, this was the only way my parents would interact with their grand-children regularly. It was a big reason for purchasing XBOX and Kinect. What is more surprising to me is that there was/is no official word by Microsoft on plans to cancel this functionality all the way or plans to switch it to Skype- nothing. Like it never existed in their eyes. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Don't these forums get reviewed and answered by XBOX support? Are you guys instructed not to answer questions about video kinect to pc? Very wierd. Please, restore this functionality.

• Level   1

Hello,  

This is my first post on the forum.  I bought Kinect just because I love the video kinect feature.  Two days ago when my 2 years old daughter wanted to chat with my parents 3000 km away, like always, I turned on the Xbox Kinect.

Lo and behold, MSN messenger sign in didn't work.  I though it was my firewall going haywire.  So I double checked and triple checked and got myself another router and checked.  Didn't work.  Now my two cents.

1) I knew MS was going to move to SKYPE, but what you didn't deliver well was the message where video kinect was not going to work with SKYPE or MSN messenger after March.

2) I stood by MS Xbox when my friends told me to get PS3, I just loved all the features of messenger tie ins.

3) I understand it is a feature and may not make money for MS, but you know, MS messenger is staple of IMs and video chats.  Soon, I will be looking for alternatives.  Nevermind the GOLD membership, I wanted to stand by MS.

4) At least, MS PR can come out and say either you are working on something that will work on Xbox and SKYPE or say NO there won't be any.  

Let me tell you that I am so close on building a HTPC and forget XBOX altogether.  Money set a side, I really don't know what you will pull in the future for your XBOX frenchise.

A very pissed off customer.

• Level   1

I haven't got much to add other than to be counted with the people above in order to grow this statistic.  The Video Kinect to WLM/MSM functionality was a large part of why I purchased an Xbox360.  For large parts of the year it is the only reason I subscribe to Xbox Live Gold Membership.  Without this, my weekly family routine has become less functional but I am forced to the alternative of wandering around the house with a laptop or Android tablet running Skype.  This will suffice and is obviously cheaper (for now).

I foresee cancellation of my Xbox Live Gold Membership and a thick layer of dust gathering upon my Xbox360 console.  Honestly MS, have you really attributed the retail surge associated with supplying the Kinect camera functionality to uptake by peer-to-peer game players?  A very bizarre company making bizarre decisions during this worrying period in its history.

• Level   1

Just wanted to add my voice to those frustrated that with the closing of WLM, no update is being provided to allow Video Kinect calls to PC to continue to function with Skype.  Worryingly, I have read that it is rumored that Skype is being saved for the next Xbox, code-named Durango.  I hope that is not the case, as this is just basic functionality that we have all been using for some time now, not something that should be trotted out as groundbreaking with the next console reveal.  

Fix this, MS!  Don't be jerks.

• Level   1

Just cancelled my Gold membership renewal.

I will not renew if they don't fix it or add Skype integration.. That was the only thing that made it worth it.

Your move... Micro$oft.

• Level   1

Skype on iphone and android but not on microsoft own xbox. Who needs ie and bing, why cant you spend the time to make your loyal customers happy.

Keep this up microsoft, *** of more people to move to other platforms.

• Level   1

not  gonna renew this stupid membership