Make Online Multiplayer on Xbox LIVE free to ALL MEMBERS!

• Level   2

I love Xbox LIVE and the games it provides online, but asking to pay for online is just ludicrous. Other consoles have made online multiplayer free, so why not Xbox LIVE? So people can now play greatest hit like Halo, Gears of War and Forza online for free! Or at least make it a little cheaper to get it....

• Level   8

If you want it "cheaper", find it on sale. You can purchase 12 months for as little as $39 (US) at times. When you find one of those deals buy a few years worth all at once. You can add up to 3 Years of Gold at any one time from a Pre-paid Card.

There's so many other Threads to "why" it's not "free".

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   2

Why isn't it free?

• Level   8

Here's a Thread already on the subject.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   8

gamerXpress

Why isn't it free?

Because people can't be bothered to use the SEARCH feature to see if any other threads like this exist. It isn't free for many reasons. One being that that is how MS chooses to run their business. Two being that we pay for a monitored and enforced service. If you have an issue with another gamer you can report them and so long as what they are doing violates the Code of Conduct/Terms of Service they will be punished, the other services (you know the FREE ones) do not offer that. If you want FREE online then you are free to choose one of the other services. Since gaming is a choice you aren't limited to using just one system/service.

• Level   2

Thank you!

• Level   1

I don't think Xbox Live should be free. I think having a pay service keeps the "Rif Raf" out.

I believe Xbox Live should have different categories of membership. For example

Let's have the standard, which is the gold.  This would be a basic membership with the limited capabilities it has now.

Then let's do another level. This level should have more options as far as access to other features, and customization.  this membership should be more expensive than the Gold, or first tier.

Then their should be a premier, or exclusive plan. This plan should cost more than the other two tiers of membership. The individuals who subscribe to this plan should be granted more privileges and options than the two previous tiers.

I know I would pay probably double,triple,or quadruple what I am already paying to have a better Live setup.

Every business, or club, or membership anywhere has different levels of status.

Just remember:

"all men are created equal, but some are more equal than others"

T-Roy Unhappy Customer "Logging hour after hour on the phone with support, because the Xbox support website is TERRIBLE !!!!" "wishing Xbox live would make ANY attempt to better their Support"
    • Level   5

Hell no free is not good and it should never be , I would rather pay money for it then have tossers of society on XBL abusing  everything on the service  

And most probably they will still *** about it too ( even if the service was free) stuff that  !!!

• Level   1

Here is my problem with Xbox live as a "Premium service": What monetary benefit do we all receive as being subscribers that "other" services do NOT have? Cross-gaming chat? Yes, awesome benefit but worth $60? Not even close. Discounts? If you count 2 to 3 year old games at 40% off for a LIMITED time, I guess, but chances are you can still find them in a bargain bin cheaper. And of course the White Elephant in the room...Ads.

I pay for a premium service yet they still want to make even more money off of me without them doing anything in return. Usually, in most buisiness models, you pay to have ads removed, but we are inundated with this crap which results in longer load times and makes everything I care to get to or see take that much longer.  I have been an avid MS supporter from 1995 and on (even through Vista) as well as bought a few WP7 phones. This is not a I hate MS because I'm a PS3 fanboy rant. I don't even own PS3, yet when I heard they are giving away retail games to their plus subscribers for as long as they have the service, immediately I thought of how much Xbox live wanes in comparison to being able to place a monetary value on the "premium" of a service that you can say "Yeah, I get "this" for being a subscriber".

I just think MS needs to re-evaluate their intention for this console...Games first! Media center second! And while we are at it, let's give back to our HUGE community who makes us billions of dollars every year...Hell, let's give them the ability to download a couple Games on Demand titles free each month. Then and only then, would I believe this "service" is worth its weight in "Gold".

• Level   5

Noidd

Here is my problem with Xbox live as a "Premium service": What monetary benefit do we all receive as being subscribers that "other" services do NOT have? Cross-gaming chat? Yes, awesome benefit but worth $60? Not even close. Discounts? If you count 2 to 3 year old games at 40% off for a LIMITED time, I guess, but chances are you can still find them in a bargain bin cheaper. And of course the White Elephant in the room...Ads.

I pay for a premium service yet they still want to make even more money off of me without them doing anything in return. Usually, in most buisiness models, you pay to have ads removed, but we are inundated with this crap which results in longer load times and makes everything I care to get to or see take that much longer.  I have been an avid MS supporter from 1995 and on (even through Vista) as well as bought a few WP7 phones. This is not a I hate MS because I'm a PS3 fanboy rant. I don't even own PS3, yet when I heard they are giving away retail games to their plus subscribers for as long as they have the service, immediately I thought of how much Xbox live wanes in comparison to being able to place a monetary value on the "premium" of a service that you can say "Yeah, I get "this" for being a subscriber".

I just think MS needs to re-evaluate their intention for this console...Games first! Media center second! And while we are at it, let's give back to our HUGE community who makes us billions of dollars every year...Hell, let's give them the ability to download a couple Games on Demand titles free each month. Then and only then, would I believe this "service" is worth its weight in "Gold".

- You're post is coming off like one of a whiny little kid , if you're not happy with it go get a  WII-U or Ps3 

• Level   1

Ahh yes the ole "You don't like it, leave" rebuttal..I figured as much. Why not respond with substance rather than something I could hear from a 12 year old? Please tear down my argument and let me know how wrong I am that Xbox live has real value.

You can't tell me that PSN+, no matter how much it pains me to say, is a better value, period. I, like many other gamers, would like to be heard about how much we pay vs. the value we receive in return to better the service we all love. Leave the fanboyism at the door and construct a retort to my conclusion if you're so inclined...If not, save the strawman replies for someone who isn't educated or doesn't care.

-Thank you

• Level   2

They should have Free multiplayer but you only pay for the Apps. Or you can have Gold for 12 months for $30 and 3 months for $15

• Level   5

Noidd

Ahh yes the ole "You don't like it, leave" rebuttal..I figured as much. Why not respond with substance rather than something I could hear from a 12 year old? Please tear down my argument and let me know how wrong I am that Xbox live has real value.

You can't tell me that PSN+, no matter how much it pains me to say, is a better value, period. I, like many other gamers, would like to be heard about how much we pay vs. the value we receive in return to better the service we all love. Leave the fanboyism at the door and construct a retort to my conclusion if you're so inclined...If not, save the strawman replies for someone who isn't educated or doesn't care.

-Thank you

• Level   3

BlackjackStorm

They should have Free multiplayer but you only pay for the Apps. Or you can have Gold for 12 months for $30 and 3 months for $15

If anything I would agree to having access to premium apps be free (subscription fees not included), multiplayer gameplay not so much.

• Level   1

We want it Free