Remove unwanted games and related achievements from Xbox LIVE user profiles at-will.

• Level   1

I think giving Xbox LIVE customers the ability to delete unwanted games and related achievements from their profiles--at-will, directly from the dashboard--would be a great idea. Considering the fact that Microsoft wants people to pay to play games on Xbox LIVE--much less do anything else the Xbox is capable of--that's all the more reason to implement such a feature, especially considering the fact that when people are tired of a game, they will either sell it or trade it for a different title and won't want to keep that tile, or the achievements and points they got from it on their profile. Granted, that may not be the case for everyone. But if someone doesn't want to keep a game and the achievements/Gamerscore points they got from a given game on their profile, they should have the ability to delete that title and all of the achievements for that title from their profile if they want to. Nay-sayers to this idea don't have to. 

• Level   8

Lame... old Thread, old idea, it's lame. I don't want you specifically to have the ability to make your Profile look better simply by Deleting Games you either can't or won't finish. Play Games, don't come complaining about ways of Deleting them.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   1

Should have guessed you'd be the first to reply saying how much you DESPISE this idea. Again, fail to see how this would affect you so much. Is it because you're a elitist game player who completes EVERY game you play LEGIT and the ability to delete your games makes your achievements less worth while?

• Level   8

Mr Del Dante
    Again, fail to see how this would affect you so much. Is it because you're a elitist game player who completes EVERY game you play LEGIT and the ability to delete your games makes your achievements less worth while?

It's already been explained in the other Threads just like this one. It's because I do not want anyone to have the ability to make their Profile "look better" by simply pressing a Delete Button.

I want "you" to Unlock Achievements by playing a Game to increase your overall Completion Percentage. I do not want "you" to have an easy way out and then be able to say anything you wanted about a Game, like "how easy that Game was but I Deleted it". A Game History is supposed to be just that, the good, the bad and the ugly. I do not want to Compare Games with other Players only to see they have Deleted every Game they either could not finish or did not want to finish. Sorry but I want to see the Truth of how someone plays, not some made up fantasy Profile because they either could not do or would not do.

"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening. His ilk serves no role in what is to come."

• Level   1

You're more likely to be able to figure out a given player's online gaming style by playing with or against them in a given online match--which would be a lot more effective than looking at their gamer profiles. Common sense. Just because they've played a game before, and even if they've unlocked all of the 'achievements' for a given title, doesn't mean that's their gaming style, on or offline. Your argument makes no sense.

Even if Microsoft doesn't implement a feature to let people delete any number of games from their profiles, and the 'achievements' from those games, and the associated points, you still wouldn't be able to predict how other people play games online. My suggestion in this thread to improve the Xbox LIVE profile is good. However, it is up to Microsoft to make the final decision on whether or not to implement the suggestion.

• Level   8

I agree with Lost on this one. And yes you can predict how other people play games online. Just take a look at any games leaderboards. People play for stats these days, the days of playing for FUN are all but ancient history to most players.

• Level   1

I think you should be able to delete games. For example me and my brother have shared our account and now it's just mine and im sick of hearing people say i have " no life " for having so much gamerscore when half of it isn't mine. Xbox.com, please make this an option or at least let the xbox enforcement team delete because im close to just  modding it so they can delete it as a penalty

• Level   8

pL Bioniiq

because im close to just  modding it so they can delete it as a penalty

If you're going to be that stupid you should just create a new account and start over. Once an account is Gamer Score Reset it can never earn achievements for any games played prior to the reset and you carry a Cheater watermark for the rest of the account life. And you would be a loser in the eyes of us legit gamers (just like all the other modders are).

• Level   1

Perhaps. But playing for fun, or no, and trying to predict how others play online are two separate questions, stat-regardless, and the former is the more relevant to the suggestion in this thread, and others like it which also have popular support of the suggested feature. Not everyone on Xbox, or any other game system for that matter, are elitist players, and Xbox 360's Dashboard, and games themselves, should be able to accommodate all play styles, especially when the system in question requires a subscription, compared to Sony's competition. Applying the suggested feature would balance the scale without upsetting the general Xbox LIVE population's accounts, or their owners, directly. Those who are more elitist players will take it more personally, but that doesn't mean the suggested feature is bad or wrong.

• Level   8

FLEETADMIRAL400
    Not everyone on Xbox, or any other game system for that matter, are elitist players...

And yet again (wow seems like a common concept in these Threads?), if you are not an "elitist" then you do not get to change things for those who are. Simply look away, if you find yourself for all compelled reason to not be able to ignore it, then you might not be playing it for "fun".

It is "bad", it is the watering down of anything competitive towards a casual mindset that "doesn't care" but they get to fundamentally change the rules for those that actually do care?

By reason and logic alone, if someone does not "care", it should in no way impact them one way or another. The very fact that people Post about this (even those that support this idea), show they do "care" but only want an easy way to make their Profile look better. You cannot say, you "do not care" but then "care" enough to want to fundamentally change something?! Sorry but that doesn't make sense. At least be honest and admit you want to make your Profile "look better" without playing the Games for insert "X" reason.

• Level   1

As I said, the "elitist gamers" on Xbox LIVE will over-analyze and take the suggestion more personally than should be, if at all. I see it as a way to improve the "Gamercard/Profile" aspect of the Xbox LIVE service. Your view on the suggestion might differ. My suggestion stands.

• Level   1

The funny thing is, Lost obviously cares more than the people who want to remove games and yet keeps on to them about 'caring'

• Level   8

Mr Del Dante

The funny thing is, Lost obviously cares more than the people who want to remove games and yet keeps on to them about 'caring'

You're 100% correct. I care more about the integrity of your Profile's accuracy then you do. I want your Profile to remain "as is", the Truth and not some made up little perfect GT that you want to simply Delete anything that makes it look "bad".

• Level   4

Well, if integrity and accuracy are that important to a profile, then surely allowing all those stolen profiles to remove "FIFA" from their played games would only serve to enhance the profiles.

• Level   8

Kedareturns

Well, if integrity and accuracy are that important to a profile, then surely allowing all those stolen profiles to remove "FIFA" from their played games would only serve to enhance the profiles.

Despite what the Interweebs said, sorry they were not Compromised from the Xbox LIVE End. It was Users Fault. You and you alone are responsible for your Profile. Things like Personal Accountability are such a nasty thing sometimes...