REQUEST: XBOX Music App for Android

• Level   3

I've seen several posts about this, but I want to throw my voice on this topic, too.  I am looking for a single subscription and pay music source that can cross platforms:  PC, XBOX, and Mobile Device (Android, Galaxy S3 in my case.)   Please release an Android App

• Level   1

Yes, please please please! I've been listening and managing my music with the Zune player for 8 years, I would really prefer to keep using it!

• Level   1

There is going to be an Xbox Music app for Android and iOS. They (Microsoft) officially announced this last October when it launched. It should be coming out within the next few months (they said hopefully in 6 months). Just got to wait now!

• Level   1

Yesyesyes! Bring it on, MS! Android is a great platform Xbox Music :)

Occulto in this universe Splender in the Tamrielic universe Peter in some other universe
    • Level   1

Throwing my voice in! six months would come to April, so bring us some good news, please! I'm not using the pass to its full potential! I already feel a bit pimped I had to upgrade to windows 8 from 7 to use it, but I have to give credit where it's due, the clean install on 8 was pretty outstanding!

I live on my phones, bring me an android app!!

• Level   1

times 10000000.   please release an android app!!!!

• Level   1

Count me in on the request. I still love my Zune HD, but I want my music on my phone also.

• Level   1

I love my zune, but I want my music on my phone. Please hurry.

• Level   1

I've been waiting for an Android solution to use my Zune Pass, and now Xbox Music Pass, for nearly 3 years.  It would be excellent and I'm at the point of canceling and moving over to Spotify or Amazon subscription.

However, we all know how this works.  Even with MS's Oct. '12 announcement that Android support for Xbox Music would be coming "soon", it won't be.  It essentially comes down to this: MSFT doesn't want to dilute demand for their struggling WP8 OS or their overall OS ecosystem -- and one of the biggest draws for it is Xbox Music.  Zune and now Xbox Music pass is effectively the only reason a lot of people have opted for Windows Phone (myself included), and these people would jump ship to iOS or Android if there was support there.

Announcing the upcoming support for other OS's was a boon to MSFT's burgeouning Xbox Music service as some people subscribed surely thinking "I can subscribe and use on my xBox, PC and online now, then use on my Android or iOS phone once support is there".  I'm guessing this is how it will play out: some time in April, MSFT will announce that Android and iOS support is delayed (certainly due to what they will state as some compatibility or licsencing issue i.e. "we want to make the experience the best possible...blabber, blah, blah...").  This postponing will continue ad infinitum or until Xbox Music doesn't exist anymore.

It's really a shame since the great Zune and Xbox Music services are being suffocated by MSFT's self-contained OS strategy.  On a side note, if I were working on what would seem to be a very talented Xbox Music team, I'd probaby be headed out the door at this point.

• Level   1

That's the unfortunate conclusion that I'm coming to as well... Just not on my pc or xbox enough to make the extra cash per month worth it.

• Level   2

yes, it would be nice:)

• Level   5

Xbox Music will be coming to Android, the same reason why SmartGlass is there. IT is smarter this way because not everyone has WPhones and there are plenty of alternatives to stream music. They need the added boost in users.

• Level   1

Please Give Us Android App Because I Would Love To Continue Listening To Music From Xbox..

• Level   1

Its April, lets goooooo!

• Level   1

An Android app is not happening for reasons I detailed above. Offering Xbox Music on other platforms will always be secondary to their desire to have a self-contained, exclusive OS and subscription/service environment.

The only hope is that MSFT wakes up that they need to integrate their services into the larger environment now that Win 8 sales are dismal and they are killing off RT -- I'm not holding my breath though.