Request for Xbox App/SmartGlass to be available on Amazon for Kindle Fire

• Level   1

The subject really says it all.  :)  I have a Kindle Fire, and the Xbox app isn't available on Amazon.  I sideloaded it in, but it said that my device wasn't powerful enough to run it.  It runs on devices with considerably less power than the Kindle Fire (No Fire HD for me - I got this one almost a year ago, and still love it)  :)  so I'm sad that I couldn't even sideload it in and use it on the bigger, higher res screen on the Fire

So with all that rambling, I'd love the Xbox App, and especially SmartGlass, to be available on the Amazon App Store and to run on the Fire.  It would make me a happy person.

Thanks!

http://www.ayumi-hamasaki.net =^_^=
    • Level   1

I second this motion. Please Microsoft, remember androids split markets. Support them all and ill buy a surface later, I promise

• Level   1

Thirded, would love to be able to use this on my Fire as opposed to my Android phone

• Level   1

I really hope this app isn't for microsoft related devices only. This app really needs to be on other devices such as the kindle fire (that I hae) and the samsung tablets (such as my friend's). I have been a loyal xbox customer for years, but this update is really pointless to a lot of people unless they expand the devices that can use it.

• Level   2

I also have a kindle fire, and would love for the my xbox app/smart glass to come to it. I hope MS eventually brings it to the device.

"Spartans never die, they're just missing in action." - 2010 Xbox 360 Kinect Beta Tester, 

• Level   2

I also hope to have the "My Xbox Live" app on the kindle fire sooner rather than later. It's currently the only tablet I own, and while I do plan on getting a Windows Phone before the year's end, Smartglass on a 7" screen sounds like heaven.

Signatures are for the weak

• Level   1

Plz get xbox smartglass for kindle fire

• Level   2

I have a kindle fire hd.  I would also love to be able to get the SmartGlass and the My Xbox Live apps!

Remember: Death is only the beginning.

• Level   1

I was looking forward to this on my original Fire as well.  Have it on my Focus 2 and would love to use it on a touch tablet BEFORE the Surface Pro releases...

• Level   2

It says you need Android 4.0 to run smartglass, so I think only the newer Kindle HDs will run it if it ever comes to Amazon.

• Level   3

I don't have a Kindle Fire, but I guess this issue relates to all Android tablet users.

My device is a Moto Xoom, and like you guys the Smart Glass app isn't officially supported.

-

Here's what I did to workaround the issue, hopefully it will work for you guys too.

1) download and install the '4shared' application from Google Play or SlideMe Marketplace.

2) ensure your device is set to run software from untrusted sources.

3) search for 'Smart Glass' within the 4shared app. I found a copy of the Smart Glass .apk instantly.

4) install!

-

This should work on most Android tablets and anyone following my advice DOES SO AT THEIR OWN RISK - 4shared is a file sharing app and it isn't as tightly controlled as Google Play or iTunes, but IT WORKS.

-

From doing a quick test on my Xoom, the only thing that doesn't work is the avatar - mine doesn't load - and 'landscape mode' isn't supported so you have to put up with the smaller on-screen keyboard in portrait mode.

-

Apart from that, it seems absolutely kosher.

• Level   1

unfortunately, there is no 4shared app in the AMAZON market place. I tried 4shared via the browser and Smart Glass was not to be found on the site. Any other suggestions?

• Level   1

Its because kindle fires run andriod 3.5 I think

• Level   1

Kindle Fire runs on a modified android Gingerbread (TWOpointTHREE, that's 2.3 ) OS. 

It's probably more of an Amazon problem...They want you to buy a separate tablet...and hopefully from them!

But I agree, they could totally make Smartglass work with a Kindle Fire...

• Level   1

Yes I would love smartglass for kindle fire aswell