What is a seed?

• Level   2

I am reading alot and ppl are talking about getting a seed and saving the seed an so on an so forth.

What is a seed and how does one get one?

cheers

• Level   5

A seed is a code for a randomly generated world, when you make a new world you have the option to type in a seed code. Since seeds are so random codes can literally be anything from 123 to abc and words and phrases. Each one getting a random result. Say for instance.

You enter 123 as your seed for the world, and the world spawns you in a hilly area with trees on the outskirts. If you like this kind of territory you can re-enter the seed, 123 into any new world you make to get the same zone again. Minus any progress you made in the first one.

Seeds are endless and every world has one regardless of wether you assigned one or not.

Redstone Engineer, TF2 addict & great solo base defender!

• Level   8

Dont forget that anyone who types in 123 gets the exact same world you did making it possible to share seeds

Check out my channel!

http://www.youtube.com/Ky3217

https://twitter.com/Ky3217

• Level   5

i made a seed that touches the roof of mine Craft.

• Level   4

Hopefully people will share some cool seeds here.  I am looking for a foresty world!

• Level   5

My world is like water world with a few islands so I need a submarine!

• Level   5

am on atm eating though... would be glad to show it and need some people to tell me if i should share

or ifit just a wreck

• Level   8

Skull Yautja

A seed is a code for a randomly generated world, when you make a new world you have the option to type in a seed code. Since seeds are so random codes can literally be anything from 123 to abc and words and phrases. Each one getting a random result. Say for instance.

You enter 123 as your seed for the world, and the world spawns you in a hilly area with trees on the outskirts. If you like this kind of territory you can re-enter the seed, 123 into any new world you make to get the same zone again. Minus any progress you made in the first one.

Seeds are endless and every world has one regardless of wether you assigned one or not.

OOOHHHH. Ok, Now I understand what that means when I start a new game. Thanks kind sir. 

Well, im on a world, where there is A LOT of water, and beaches. I had to walk quite a distance to find some grass and trees. Need that wood yo.

And I found a cave, went in it, heard some groans, immediately turned around and was like.........

I didn't want to go in there anyway. 

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   5

I entered

"Nightcore fantasy"

This resulted in a canyon like area with a lava waterfall. There are pumpkins and cactuses around aswell as easy access to the beach. The is a huge cave system under the lava waterfall. The only negative aspect is that iron is really hard to find.

Another one to try is: Dead Mau5

minecraft-seeds.net/.../Dead-Mau5

-Major

• Level   8

I put in "emulator" as the seed and it gave me a mostly snowy area.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   8

I currently am in a world where there are a ton of mountains.

• Level   7

this is news to me ill try something when i get on haha.

just type random words tho??

• Level   5

On the PC, I used 'Yoda' and it was thick trees and water.  'weeeeeeeeee'  gave really high trees with the spawn point on top one of them.

• Level   8

NICCSACC666

this is news to me ill try something when i get on haha.

just type random words tho??

Yea, any chain of numbers and letters generate a world. Using SODA, will result in the same world, if other people use it. So just type in what ever you want, don't even has to be a word.........try this.............whwpajjrenkpar.......might be an awesome world, lol.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   7

try p0rtal2... seeds are crazy mann.

thnx for the tip!! OP