Reconverting Lapis Lazuli Blocks Back Into Gems

• Level   5

As most of you probably know, you can convert 9 bars/gems of Gold, Iron and Lapis Lazuli into Blocks.  The description in the crafting menu says that this can be done in order to create expensive building blocks or to condense the bars/gems for easier storage/transport.  It is for the latter purpose that I converted all of my 288 Lapis Lazuli gems that I've collected over the past weeks into 32 blocks (thereby keeping all of my Lapis Lazuli gems in a single inventory space).  After doing so, I needed some Lapis Lazuli gems to make blue wool, so I grabbed one of the blocks and went to the crafting station to convert it back into gems.  When I did so, however, I only saw that option for Iron and Gold bars.  Unless I'm missing something, the crafting station does not have an option for converting Lapis Lazuli blocks back into gems (despite the in-game description of the purpose for converting the gems into blocks--i.e., easier storage).  Did I just miss the option, or is there really no way to convert the Lapis Lazuli blocks back into gems (which they need to be in order to use them as a dye)? 

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   1

I'm pretty sure I converted them back into gems. You must have missed it.

Y'all know i rock !
    • Level   5

Promising news.  I will take another look when I get back to Minecraft this evening.

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   5

I believe you can do it, I haven't personally done it though. The 360 crafting menu, while easier than the PC, makes it easy to miss certain items. I remember I had a problem trying to find how to make glowstone for a while until one day I just happened to scroll past it.

• Level   4

I've done it.  If I remember correctly it's on the very last tab of the crafting menu (decorations).  Look at the tab that lets you convert diamond blocks to diamonds... I think it's there.  If not, keep looking.  Maybe under the dye section.  I'm 100% sure you can convert them back to gems.  

• Level   2

I don't think you can do this as i was on the game and had a look, i only saw options for iron and gold. :(

Voted 54th in britains sexiest man 2012 xD

• Level   5

To change blocks back...

Decorations --> 2nd slot from left for Lapis

Diamond has its own slot in decorations (slot 5)

Gold and Iron are on the same slot in decorations. (slot 4)

As you're probably already aware the blocks are made via their own slot within the decoration tab (slot 3)

• Level   5

Thanks!  I finally discovered that as well this morning.

• Level   1

I can not find it, anywhere. Please help.