What piston creations are you most proud of?

• Level   7

As we all know, pistons have been out for the Xbox 360 Edition for several weeks.  In that time, I'm sure there have been some impressive piston creations that have been made.  I know some have built rotating light houses (a/k/a lag machines).  There are no doubt numerous automatic/hidden doors that have been made.  A few have probably tried their hands at elevators (difficult in this edition given the lag).  Personally, I'm far from fully understanding redstone, although I find that the image at the link below is a good starting point in understanding the logic gates that form the basis for most redstone/piston machines

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:StandardLogicGates.png

Thus far, my only creations have been fairly basic: (1) a hidden sliding door that leads from the floor of my pyramid to a ladder that leads to my vault; and (2) a sand generator.  This weekend I'm going to be working on a pool at my ranch house that can be completely hidden with the flip of a switch.  Don't know if I will succeed, but it will be interesting to work on it.

What have you created?  I'd love to know.

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   5

Haven't made much yet but I built a fully automatic sugarcane farm. I put in two BUD switches that go off when the cane grows next to it. The first one, when not activated, sends a signal to the bottom piston to extend, which stops the growth of that cane so it doesn't set off the BUD switch that harvests all the cane. When the cane grows and sets off the first BUD it then retracts the piston so that can can grow and set off the harvest BUD. The can then gets washed on to a pressure plate that sends a signal through a monostable circuit and in to a clock that sets off a note block. I also set up a sticky piston w/ a block in the clock that extends when the pressure plate gets pressed and retracts when I pick up the can.

Hope that makes sense. I also have the same clock set up for when I get some slime balls in my slime farm.

• Level   5

A lighting system for my hotel rooms. Flip a switch, the lights come on! Also my revolving lighthouse!

• Level   6

u do know that a sand generator is exploiting a bug in the game just like the dupe glitch so its surprising that your alright with cheating to get sand but nothing else. Hypocritical.

• Level   7

why start a new argument tho? very redundant. for shame...

• Level   7

eX HELLSING--You obviously don't have any idea what you are talking about.  See my post on this specific issue in the thread discussing the dup glitch (I will not reiterate it here).  If you think it is hypocritcal, then you clearly: (1) don't understand my objection re the dup glitch; and (2) don't understand how my world is structured and presented.  Every single sand block, sandstone block and glass block placed in my world (and there are over 40,000 glass blocks used in the pyramids, tunnels, and underwater bases on my world) was mined.  60-80% of all sand on my world has been converted to sandstone or glass and used in constructions (as I think about it, I don't actually use raw sand in any construction that I can think of).

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   5

Got a street will pop up lights but thats i for me due to my bloody hotel taking so long to build :(

• Level   5

I made a wheat farm then when the switch is throw a wave of water flows from a hidden reservoir that will wash all the wheat to the front of my paddock for easy collection

• Level   6

I absolutly love my boxing glove traps! Hehe I made 5 bottuns around my city and once yu press it boom! boxing glove in yu face XD I also enjoy my trap door infront of my flowting house... Hehe I mined all the way to bed rock under neath the trap so yu free fall and yu fall in the ground ^^ (I like traps problem?)

altho I'll probly re-make the trapdoor to release water once I flip the switch that was yu fall and drown ^^

• Level   7

i like the cobblestone generators.

Everyone & their dog plays that game. It's slightly adjusted from the year before only with a new title
    Why is this broken video game getting patched again and again and again, did i pay $$$ to be a beta tester?

• Level   7

I will be building one later today to hone my skills, but I'm curious, do you find cobblestone generators any easier than mining from ground, and if so why?  I never understood the usefulness of one.

• Level   7

So I was able to build the pool that can be hidden with the push of a lever--looks nice.  I tried to make a smoke generator, but can't seem to get it to actually function.  It might not be possible on the Xbox Edition.  Still working on that one.  I'm also have dreams now of a piston rail, where the mine cart, and the rails themselves, are pushed around by pistons to change directions, etc.

• Level   5

I had the same concerns with my cobblestone generator after having mined my way to bedrock and then along it for about a mile. I had so much cobblestone I was able to satisfy enough projects and a castle. Eventually it all began to run thin and the cobblestone generator did come in handy. But not before I questioned whether my "mine, mine, mine, collect, side step, mine, mine, mine, collect, side step, repeat etc. etc. etc." technique was better than just standing there holding down the right trigger and having the cobblestone just fly into my inventory.

By the time I got to the bedrock and was moving along it for that mile or so, I had become quite able in my mining ability to waste very little time in collecting the cobblestone. However, I find that the cobble stone generator helps in two ways. For starters, I never have to worry about what's on the other side. There's never going to be lava falling out at me, or a wasted moment of having to dig through dirt to find more stone after it, or even having to worry that water will pour in and drown me. Every thing I mine is cobblestone.

I've also found that lining the "mining" area of the cobblestone generator with Obsidian (and using a regular pick axe) allows me to not worry if I get too fast for the generator that I will accidently break through the floor before the next cobblestone is pushed in front of me, or that I might blow past a portion of the machine and spill lava out on myself wreaking the whole process.

Overall, never having to find locations where there is stone for my projects, and the safety concerns mentioned above make it worth my time to use. Plus I have it set up with several pistons all working in harmony to push cobblestone out rather quickly. I do hear there are faster designs than mine though and may give one of those a shot at a later time.

-PAN There is no mystery...only truth.
    • Level   2

I'm most proud of my automatic sugar cane farm because it is my own design .

• Level   5

I wouldn't classify it as "impressive," but I am quite fond of using my piston elevator. It was just for practice but I still get a kick out of it.