Can't play Minecraft offline??

• Level   1

Hey Guys. I've been having this problem with Minecraft XBLA recently. If I try to play the game while disconnected from Xbox LIVE, I end up playing the trial version of the game. But if I'm connected, I play the full version. Is there a way to fix this, or is this how the game works, because sometimes my Internet decides to be a douche and disconnect me when I'm about to play, and it really annoys me.

• Level   5

a few reasons why this might happen.  

1.  if you didn't buy that game off that gamertag it doesn't have the license so it can't play it offline.  so say a parent account bought the game for you the all gt on that console can play while connected to live but only the one who bought it can while offline.

2.if you bought a new xbox and transferred hard drives you might need to transfer license.

i might be way off on this but lemme know if it helped.

• Level   1

What if I bought the game on another Xbox but with my gamertag? Do I still have to do a transfer?

• Level   5

ya im pretty sure if you want to do it offline BUT im by no means a expert on this so maybe try to get a few other opinions.  i just bought a new xbox and didn't transfer the license so ill go see if it works for me or not and report back.  EDIT ya it worked for me without license transfer i transfered my harddrive by using the cable may i ask what you used?