HELP! Multiplayer not working WITH HDMI

• Level   2

HELP!!! I have had minecraft for awhile and have it hooked up with our HDMI. so that all 4 of my kids can play together. it worked fine up until the last update. now we can no longer play multiplayer. we have checked cables. reset defaults. cleared system cache. redowloaded profiles. tried other hdmi ports, done everything I can think of. does anyone have any other advise as to what else I can try or what might be the issue. our minecraft is downloaded to our harddrive we don't have the physical game. Please help I miss playing minecraft with my kids. Thanks

• Level   1

you have to start each controller from the controller menu before you start playing.

• Level   2

We have played in multi before. Each person signs in on their controller. One person opens a world then the other three hit the controller start/menu to join. The issue is it is not allowing anyone to join. Once one person brings up the game NO other controller can bring up their menu. It is as if their controller is dead to the game. When the game is on and you have the open split screen and it normally says "push start to join" it now says" no games." It's as if the game isn't reading being multiplayer.

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem!! Our local multiplayer worked fine until two days ago, and now, nothing. What's up?

• Level   1

The same thing happened to our family.  I called Xbox support and they told me that they have discontinued "family silver membership" and that now, every profile or gamer tag must have an INDIViDUAL Xbox live account.  That basically means that for my kids to play together, I have to pay Microsoft $140 a year for two account so that we can play a game I already payed them for.  My kids do not play on- line, just with each other in creative mode.  I would be happy to be wrong about this but that is what MS told me directly.  Anybody else having the same " greed" problem?  

• Level   5

I never do local multi so im just guessing here.   Do you have the world when you open it set to offline or if its set to online to have friends of friends checked.

• Level   2

I have worlds both in off line and online. Neither work for multi. I also have wireless controllers so it isn't a cable issue.  Even before we had Xbox live my kids were able to play together because it wasn't online play but thru hdmi.

• Level   5

wow you really have tried everything but maybe in the xbox settings do you have the display settings to match your hd tv?  and also a few stupid things are all the controllers still synced to the console, correct?  Then if all that is still wrong there is a official bug forum on the minecraftwiki forums you could scan through there might be a solution or post and tell them all the things you have tried might be a know issue.

• Level   2

Yep everything is the same. Haven't changed anything since we first downloaded it and started playing it. Just one day we couldn't do multi anymore. I have heard a lot of people have had this issue with the downloaded version and that I need to buy the physical game to be able to play multi again. Which I am not happy about. If that was the case I wouldn't have wasted my money on the download and would have bought the disc from the beginning.

• Level   2

went and bought the game and have tried playing multi on it and STILL CANT PLAY MULTI even with the physical game. Im at a complete and total loss. Does anyone have any other advise.

• Level   2

yep the resolution was the issue. Thank you so much.

• Level   5

=D win i was really stretching with that but glad it was right.

• Level   2

On your guide go to Settings. Then System. Then Console Settings.  Then Display. Then HDTV Setting. There you can choose your resolution. 1080 is really the best but 780 works just fine. But multi player for minecraft WILL NOT work in 480. Lol hopes this helps

• Level   2

I missed putting that it should be on your Xbox guide sorry.

• Level   2

The kids and I have been playing none stop since it has been fixed. We are such addicts. It was killing us. Again thank you for the heads up on that.