Farming and animals

• Level   1

Can we breed animals?

And has anyone had a problem with growing wheat? I've had mine next to water and it doesn't seem to grow at all, I check it every simulated day. Then it all of a sudden is gone?

• Level   5

I don't think it's possible to breed animals yet. Got to wait for the patch.

I've had the problems with wheat just disappearing. Not sure why it does that. Maybe a bug?

• Level   2

yeah, animal breeding hasn't been added to 360 version yet.....and that seems wierd with the wheat...mine's growing fine...I've got mine set up like: a row of water, a row of dirt - use a hoe on the dirt then add seeds, then another row of water, repeat......only thing I can think of, provided it seems set-up right, is you can't walk around on the ground you've planted on...it breaks the sprouts...same goes for animals walking on 'em too..so you may want to fence it off or something :)

• Level   2

(couldn't edit this into my last post)...also it can take a fair while to grow sometimes, and they seem to grow unevenly...some take up to 4 in-game days to mature...wheat is nowhere near as fast as sugarcane

• Level   5

Animals eat wheat. Fence in your wheat, plants too.

• Level   2

Also in this version, wheat can still be trampled. Even if it isn't being eaten by animals it can disappear simply by an animal/enemy/pet/player walking over it.

• Level   2

Sheep ate my wheat,since i completely fenced off my field it's been fine.

• Level   5

Mr XBob

Also in this version, wheat can still be trampled. Even if it isn't being eaten by animals it can disappear simply by an animal/enemy/pet/player walking over it.

That probably explains my disappearing wheat. 

Even though my wheat is fenced off outside my house animals still seam to spawn there. They must be trampling over it.

• Level   4

I grow wheat indoors not an issue

• Level   3

Wheat grows without water for me.  Just takes a while, like 2-ingame days.

• Level   1

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Went with growing indoors, accidently punch through to the bottom of a lake when building a stairwell out of my pit :D . Still learning the ropes.