Minecraft is almost pulling into it's first month of being on the Xbox Live Arcade and it's been a very successful month so far. But if you've played the version you know it's version 1.6.6 and well you can't run, double jump and pistons are not available. But don't worry as 4J Studios have said that they're working on the update for the game which will bring it up to version 1.7.3 and here's a few things to expect. New to 1.7.3 are pistons, which shove other blocks around, and shears, which allow you to 'mine' foliage. There's also a lot more clay to find, making those grand brickwork building projects a tad more achievable.
- - Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- - Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- - Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
- - Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
- - Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- - New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
- - Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8)
So if you have stacks and stacks of redstone you'll find use for them very soon, so if you have never used pistons before check the internet and get a heads up on the things you can do, ready for the release. Although their is no release date yet for the update but here's an article from OXM to keep things rolling. Happy crafting miners!