Minecraft: Best Seeds

• Level   3

Note-These are case-sensitive meaning if you don't capitalize where needed it won't work correctly.

Top 5 Best Seeds
    1.gargamel
    2.Dead Mau5
    3.Glacier
    4.Fight Fight Fight!
    5. youtube - used by Syndicate - lots of wood and hills

List
    Artomix- jungly islands [Tested]
    Bambi- Has a very large flat area for building and stuff, a nice big jungle and a pretty gigantic cave system.
    i dont care-a giant mushroom biome next to a jungle biome.
    109321796-Forest and flatland
    2539444-Mushroom biome
    89125-Forests and Snow
    Cow Killing Montage-Ravines, Forests, Snow
    Fight Fight Fight!-Large forest with large cave system [Tested]
    IMPORTANT-Great for hardcore mode
    Jungleeez-Jungles
    Magic School-Huge mountains and caves
    Airplanes-Large cave with tunnel
    Archespore-Overhangs, Waterfalls, Mountains
    asdf-Dungeons
    Dead Mau5-Floating waterfalls and sick floating mountains[Tested]
    Diamonds-Diamonds
    Doom
    flatgrass
    Friday
    gargamel-[Tested]
    givemeasnowworld
    Glacier
    Hallo
    HDTV
    hu
    IceCream
    Invisible
    in_hell
    lagoon boob
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Minegasm
    Nether
    Ocean
    pokeylucky
    Redstone
    Scar Symmetry
    Seccond Law Of Thermodynamica
    segregative
    SystemOfADown
    TMI-Captital I not L
    Wasser
    Waterfalls
    Wolf
    worstdeedever
    xxslyfoxhoundxx
    Zombie Jesus
    ZSK

Gun Dream
    many islands, plenty trees, dynamic elevation, crazy underground caverns

Zelda - lots of trees

Post any seeds you know are good and what you have on said seed

• Level   1

Futurama -  Glacial and Tundra

• Level   7

The seed I use is Duke Leto II.  I like it because it has some amazingly beautiful scenery (like a waterfall and lava fall together and numerous tall and very uniquely shaped mountains) and it has all of the biomes this version and all of the resources (including Sugar Cane, Pumpkins, etc).  That said, I've not searched for Clay yet (which we know is very hard to find in this version), but I suspect there is some somewhere.  I have a tourist train running all through it, it's that beautiful.

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   5

How exactly do seeds work anyway.

><<

Can you just put anything in there or what?

Oh and I tried WaterWorld that was interesting.
    • Level   7

Per the Minecraft Wiki:

Whenever the game has to generate a new world, it calls upon an algorithm. This algorithm will output a pseudo-random value that is then used to determine what the world will look like. However, the algorithm will always end up with the same value if the starting point (seed) that the algorithm uses is the same number.

This is why seeds exist-to easily generate entirely different worlds from a single value.

Whenever the world generation algorithm is updated, the same seed will no longer generate the same terrain. This is why in some different versions of the game, the same seed will not give the same world.

A world's seed is set when that world is created. By default, it is decided automatically (if so, the game uses the system time as the seed), but it can also be set manually. Set and reuse a seed to replay that world, or use a known seed to play the same world as another player. Either a number or a word/phrase can be used, including negatives.

If the seed or generator changes in a saved world, new chunks will be based on the new seed, and will not match those from the old seed (this phenomenon was widely observed with the Adventure Update). Deleted chunks can regenerate if the seed and generator remains the same, but will change if either the seed or generator changes.

It is important to note that due to the fact that seeds are simply random values read into an algorithm and not actually names of different worlds, using a certain seed will not necessarily result in a world with any relevance to the value of that seed. For instance, using a biome name as your seed will not necessarily result in the creation of a world with primarily that biome.

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   8

Yeah, anything you enter will generate a world.  Your own name, random letters, numbers whatever.   The same world will generate every time you enter that string of characters.  

• Level   8

I'm still loving one of my original seeds, 8675309. A little bit of everything with some great floating mountains and great cave systems.

• Level   4

I like a realisitic map with no floating stufff :(

Voted 54th in britains sexiest man 2012 xD

• Level   7

Who's to say floating stuff is not realistic.  I mean, look at the moon of Pandora!

• Level   9

STARSCREAM- One of the few maps with clay.

#360Elitism
    Are You Yeti Yet?

• Level   5

lol you stole this from the tech game lol i don't like that site

• Level   9

TxNM qz08

lol you stole this from the tech game lol i don't like that site

Well I wouldn't say stealing, more like sharing the information on decent seeds. No one here has claimed they discovered these seeds on their own.

#360Elitism
    Are You Yeti Yet?

• Level   2

Thanks FoomBerry! I was wondering what seed had some clay. If only I could put it in my bag and take it to my main world.

• Level   1

One seed i found out is Suckyworld and has vaious islands and lots of resources like diamonds, iron, CLAY, and Pumpkins and lots more! it has very big caves that are filled with water and lava and you can locate a lot of diamond by the lava pits. Please reply if you like the seed!

• Level   9

Okay guys, If you're a spelunker, I think you're going to like this seed.

Seed- Watson!

Description: The seed seems to contain 3/4th of the current available resources. The landscaping isn't too special, but the caverns, you won't believe how epic they are. Contains multiple entrances to a very very expansive set of caves to explore.

I ended up finding this out after thinking about Sherlock, ended up with a full 8 party game on this seed, kept us VERY busy. Too bad we lost tremendous progress due to a freeze bug...

#360Elitism
    Are You Yeti Yet?