Ocean Seed

• Level   5

Has anyone found a seed on the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft that is mostly water, with a few islands scattered about?  I don't even know if such is possible with this world generator (pre-Adventure Update), but I would certainly be interested in checking out the seed if one exists.

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   1

try hunger games  I think it was the one. It spawned me in the ocean with very few islands. Hope this help

• Level   5

I'm following up on an old request, as to date, as I have still been unable to find a seed that is almost all water.  I don't even know if this is possible with the Xbox version's terrain generator, but I would truly love to find a seed that is almost all water ("hunger games" noted above has way too much land).

Friend me on LifeInvader, follow me on Bleeter, and track me online at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wildattorney/games/gtav/career/overview#gtaonline 

• Level   1

I think I may have one. Its only had a few islands, from what I can see. Oceans very deep, as you'll quickly learn when you spawn, as you lose almost all your bubbles trying to get to the surface.

• Level   6

Although the current seed I use isn't all water, (it's got maybe two trees in the whole world) it's got this amazing part out in the ocean where it glows at night. Upon investigating I was surprised to see lava far below the ocean. Naturally curious as to how lava was flowing freely in the ocean I swam down to investigate. Well almost all of my air bubbles were gone when I got there but when I did just before I was going to drown I fell OUT of the ocean and into a massive cavern below. When I looked up, there was the ocean above me, pouring into this huge opening in the ocean floor like a giant water fall. The entire ocean was just falling into this massive mountain like cavern below filled with a network of other caverns and lava everywhere. It was an amazing sight for sure.

I'll have to investigate it further sometime. It looked like a great place to start my own version of "Rapture" down there lol.

-PAN There is no mystery...only truth.
    • Level   2

I Think the OP found what he was looking for as he now has a thread called What is your favorite water world.

• Level   5

Indeed.  This thread was created in June/July 2012, when we were all playing the old version.  Since then, version 1.8.2. was released on Xbox.  In version 1.8.2., they added the ocean biome, which allows for worlds that are entirely or almost entirely water.  I don't think that was possible with the terrain generator in the prior versions.

As for the other post, you are talking about underwater caverns, and they exist here and there--I've found quite a few. If you swin around the ocean looking down, you will see light on occasion--that is one of the easiest ways to locate these caverns. 

• Level   1

When I tried the word Medieval for a seed it ended up being the most ocean I've ever seen on Minecraft.  Mostly a few small islands....

• Level   1

Use Kingdom very few islands more water than all others I've found even the Medieval map

• Level   1

I have a map like that, here you go. two bits of land S, one big one SE.

• Level   2

Have survival world going on in a ocean world called Map 11, as mentioned in the minecraft menu

• Level   1

I need a ocean seed for the new update

• Level   1

whats the seed?

• Level   1

Yeah, medieval is a good ocean seed i tried it just now ;P

• Level   5

I think the seeds identified above no longer generate water worlds given the "jungle" update.    However, a few days ago I started a new water world with the seed sgc2013

I like the seed because it is 99% ocean deep water.  There is one small island (20x40) at the center north that is an extreme hill (the small island is completely vertical and about 50 blocks above the ocean).  This is where the only 3 trees in the entire map can be found.  There is also some sugar cane, tall grass and red and yellow flowers, as well as sheep, cows, pigs and chickens (all trapped on the ledges of this small vertical island for the most part).  There are also a few small mushroom islands.  Of course, the seed does not have all the resources I would have liked, which is to be expected in any world that is 99% water.  There are no cacti (which means no green wool for me), no birch, spruce or jungle trees (which means no multi-colored wood/leaves for me), no cocoa pods, no ocelots, no villages or villagers, no lily pads and no vines.  Given the limited size of Xbox worlds, I do wish that 4J could have added such items as rare drops from Mobs or included them in chests in abandoned mineshafts or strongholds.  I play exclusively in Survival mode, so I'm limited to what is in the world.

The spawn island is only about 10x10 blocks, which I've already obliterated to build my 100x100x18 underwater glass dome there.  In underwater worlds, I like to create a dramatic spawn entry into the world, where upon spawn the player immediately and automatically drops through the top of the dome to the ocean floor/dome floor.  I did this in my last water world and I'm hoping to make it even better this time around.  I've never seen anyone else do this before, which is why I like to do it.