Coming in July -- Whats in the Next Update?

• Level   1

It's official, 4JStudios has announced that July is "piston" and "shear" month!

As that being said 4JStudios has also announced that there will be a update (1.73) will be adapted from the current version of the PC Minecraft edition.

• Piston Added
    • Fixing of Clay Generation
    • Flint and Steel or Redstone is required for detonating TNT
    • Fences can now be stacked
    • Shears Added
    • Redstone Wire will now connect to Redstone Repeater
    • Sheers can be used to shear sheep without hurting them.
    • Sheep ONLY dropped wool when killed unless a shear is being used
    • New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
    If you have any questions I will try my hardest to answer them for you :) 
    • Level   3

Fixed clay generation again?

• Level   5

MentalyCryppled

Fixed clay generation again?

Exactly what i was thinking!!! Probably making more of it, as there is barely enough to build a small structure at the minute! 

"I don't celebrate because it is my job. When a postman delivers his letters, does he celebrate?" - Mario Balotelli

• Level   1

I believe so, there may have been another glitch in the system that could have broken clay generation, or like Piztup said they are making more of it, if you want I can find out more information for you....

• Level   2

I've only found clay in one of my worlds and it was only enough to make a handful of bricks.

t-rell_rex
    • Level   4

If that clay was in the game then I'd delete the game off my hard drive, lol.

• Level   4

I don't think they're fixing clay generation again. That was an old tweet from 4J before the quick fix update. Remember if you want clay you have to create a post-patch world or it wont work.

______

Another thing coming in the 1.7.3 update is being able to see the seed on a random generated world.

Also with the update will be a Skin Pack DLC which will contain 40+ skins, no word on the costs of DLC yet. A few of the skins will be free though.

Lighting will also be fixed in the new update, making the game brighter and fixing light not filtering into areas where a block was just mined.

Update coming Mid-July

Check out my YouTube channel: NewFoundRemedy

Read the Forum Rules

• Level   4

Mid July now I was under the impression early July

• Level   4

They said early July to start off, but it took some time to get it done and it has to go through Microsoft. So they said they're now looking at Mid-July.

Read the Forum Rules

• Level   3

KG x Disarray

Another thing coming in the 1.7.3 update is being able to see the seed on a random generated world.

Will this work for worlds generated before the update?

Still washes his hands after he pees.

• Level   6

Hold on, this last update "fixed" the clay issue? Even just slightly? I thought that wasn't coming until the shears and pistons? I thought the only thing to be excited about was the opacity slider on the item display.

-PAN There is no mystery...only truth.
    • Level   6

...and naturally I mean "patch" not update.

-PAN There is no mystery...only truth.
    • Level   2

I haven't even seen any clay yet. whats up with that??

Want to take the idiot test? Read the line below for instructions

Want to take the idiot test? Read the Line Above for instructions

• Level   4

Conquer13

I haven't even seen any clay yet. whats up with that??

You have to use a world post patch, they can't touch your old maps. Plus clay is usually near water. Looks like regular stone but more smooth/less pixelated.

Read the Forum Rules

• Level   4

GeorgeThePirate

KG x Disarray

Will this work for worlds generated before the update?

Yes!! :) all you have to do is load your world and save it after the update! Then when you choose your map from the main menu it should have the seed somewhere around there.

Read the Forum Rules