NEW MINECRAFT UPDATE MAY CAUSE RROD

• Level   5

yes i have 2 xbox consoles and i updated minecraft and it gave one of my consoles RROD

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE AS IT WILL BREAK YOUR XBOX MS NEED TO CONTACT THE MINECRAFT DEVELOPERS TO FIX THIS

in the meantime if you want to play minecraft play the older version for free on your pc DO NOT RISK LOSING YOUR XBOX CONSOLE TO THE RROD LIKE I DID THIS MORNING

• Level   7

Are you sure it was the game that caused your console to RROD?  the Update as been out just over a week and your the first person I've seen stating that the 360 version could cause RROD.

There could be a 101 reasons why your console RROD, bad programming would only cause the game to freeze/crash.

Some basic advice for all 360 owners is to keep your console and power supply on a clean, flat well ventilated dust free area, and after 3 or so hours of gameplay, power down your console allowing it to cool for 30 mins or so, RROD is commonly caused by over heating.

• Level   5

well my xbox area is clean and its only the launch xbox's that suffer with overheating

• Level   8

I would say it is a bad coincidence that you got a RROD after updating. I know it supposedly has happened with other games but I don't think it can be directly linked to an update.

• Level   5

i dnt trust those developers of minecraft no more so i eleted it from my harddrive, never built anything good on it anyways all i could make was houses outta cobble stone and then just dashboard cos of how slit your wrists boring it is

• Level   2

Wow, what a fitting GT...

Like a BOSS
    • Level   5

OP... the developers of Minecraft are not to blame. Doing so with no evidence that they actually caused the RRoD shows how mature you are handling this.

Redstone Engineer, TF2 addict & great solo base defender!

• Level   8

So you didn't even like the game in the first place....?

• Level   4

You know.... I scratched my butt when my last Xbox rrod? That had to be what caused it.

• Level   5

HEHEH what HE SAID!!! ^^^^^^  

I would have spent my whole life searching for my Adoptive parents,
    if only had my Biological parents told me I had some sooner!!!

• Level   5
    Keltic Rage

You know.... I scratched my butt when my last Xbox rrod? That had to be what caused it.

It's a known issue, Microsoft have said it's a fault on the users end and will not be covered by the 3 Year Warranty.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

• Level   2

i have had a 360 since the elite came out many years ago. when they put netflix on xbox my counsel was on for about 12 hours straight a day. they they put on espn and the thing stayed on for 16 hours a day on average. now they have you tube as well as minecraft, heck the poor consel may get turned off for an average of 1-2 hours a day and i have never had the dreaded red ring. i honestly think that this is a person that treats is xbox like an old nes system and stores it in a cubbord with out any ventillation.

• Level   4

PSYCHOT1C FR3AK

well my xbox area is clean and its only the launch xbox's that suffer with overheating

False statement is false, lol, mostly ALL Xbox's tend to overheat at some point in time, if they're not doing it currently, they will eventually. Also, I've had the update since the release of it, haven't RRoD from it, mainly, because you can't RRoD from a software update.. ;)

ERMAHGERD!

• Level   7

theres been some disconnection issues since the update over here, i cant lie. wtf?