Slimes/ Slime Farm

• Level   3

So since the piston update came, I wanted to know how to get slime for sticky pistons. I read about slimes, where they spawn, and I even used the minecraft slime finder, and I now have a pretty big slime farm. In my farm, two of the chunks in it can spawn slimes. My question is, when do slimes spawn? Is it by chance, or every three Minceraft days? Does anybody have the same problem? I have only found one small slime, and two medium slimes, my ceiling is three high, which gives large slimes enough room to spawn, but they don't spawn often, if anybody could answer, that would be great!

• Level   9

www.minecraftwiki.net/.../Slime

It's not enough for people to just live. They have to live for something.

• Level   3

Thanks, but I have read this before, I am just asking from people who have a slime farm, how long it took for them.

• Level   5

I've heard people say it can take anywhere from 45mins up to an hour. I have had no luck with my slime spawners.

• Level   3

Ok, I can try that, thanks. How big is your slime farm?

• Level   3

I'd make the ceiling four high. It should be at least 16x16. I was on peaceful, went far enough away and saved, then changed it to easy. Slime immediately spawned in the room when I went back. It hasn't taken long for slime to respawn on my world. Everyone's different I guess, but I wouldn't think it would take that long. You're welcome to come take a look at mine and maybe it'll give you some ideas.

• Level   5

I ment spawn not respawn.

Mine on average are 16x16, with as high of a ceiling as I can reach upwards. They very on length depending on if they are multiple chunks with slimes.

• Level   3

Well, mine is at least 40x40, and in some spots the ceiling is 5 or 6 high, because there was dirt there when I blasted it with TNT. I have tried waiting, like you ^^^ said, at least 50 minutes, but they have not spawned, I even went far away, to go kill some monsters, but when I came back, nothing. It is plenty big enough, and has enough glowstone everywhere, but I don't know what the problem is!!!

• Level   3

I can try the peaceful to easy switch, maybe that'll work?

• Level   3

You're down around bedrock right? Between 4-20?

• Level   3

Yup, 4 levels above.

• Level   3

That's right where mine is too. That's strange. I built mine randomly w/o using a slime finder and I have no problem getting slime. I've got 2 stacks of slime balls + we've used some already. I don't know how you're having trouble, even after using a finder

• Level   3

Yeah, me too, I used the finder, like I said, and there are two chunks in my farm where they can spawn, and at first, I built it without the finder too, then I just cleared more space where they could spawn. I have only found two slimes, thats it! :(

• Level   3

Well I should be on within an hour if you wanna take a look at mine and see if you notice anything different that might be causing a problem! Then I can come to your world and help make some changes if we need to!

• Level   3

Ok, I don't know when I will be on, but when I am, I will message you! Do you have a mic?